28

Sorry for not updating for a bit there! I ended up not being home on update days and didn't get a chance any other day to update until now! As an apology, y'all are gonna get multiple chapters- which would have been left as cliffhangers otherwise

     Our training consisted of making our quirks stronger.

     Bakugou was putting his hands in boiling water to expand his sweat glands and then creating chain explosions to increase the scale of his attacks. Todoroki was alternating between his fire and his ice to control it better.

     Denji was summoning his clouds to try to gain better control of them.

     Meanwhile, I was doing multiple things at once. With one hand, I was having to create small objects such as daggers, or anything else I could use, so that I could get faster at making them. With my other hand, I was constantly having to swing around a certain group of trees.

     Have to constantly turn while swinging from a short amount of web meant I would have to keep making more. This was supposed to get me used to using one hand to swing and help me be faster at making the web. It also helped me with dizziness from swinging around in circles.

     By dinner-time, we were all exhausted. "We're not serving your food anymore!" Pixie-Bob announced.

     "If you guys wanna eat, you'll have to make your own meals!" Ragdoll added.

     "Starting with curry!"

     Ragdoll laughed. "Oh, man, do you guys look exhausted. But that doesn't mean you can coast by making sloppy cat food!"

     When we began to make the curry, I was at one of the tables with Denji. I looked up to see Todoroki lighting the fires. As he got up from lighting one fire, a small smile on his face, I heard Denji say, "You're about to cut your finger off, (Y/n)."

~

    On the third night of the training camp, we had a test of courage. We were put into pairs within our class. Class 1-B got to go ahead and go into the forest after everything was explained.

     I approached Denji, seeing the number in his hands. "How do we keep getting paired together?" I rhetorically asked. "At least we're the second group to go. I doubt you'll get scared since you live with Hoshi."

     "I guess, maybe," he answered.

     It was then that we overheard Bakugou. "Listen, tail. Trade with me," he said to Ojiro, pointing back to Todoroki.

     Several minutes later, Denji and I were entering the forest. We didn't speak much since we were both looking around. We actually managed to get a good way through the forest before something felt off.

     I quickly looked behind me to see no one there. I looked around me, looking for Denji. "Denji? Where the hell did you go?" I had stopped walking forward and moved to the side of the path, looking through the trees. "We're supposed to do this as a pair, you idiot."

     There was the sound of a branch breaking and I spun to face the source. "Denji?" I hesitantly called out.

     "Guess again."

     That's not Denji...

     "Where is he?" I asked.

     "Now, where would be the fun of telling you that?"

     I've heard that voice before... I just can't remember where.

     A female in about her late-twenties stepped out from between the trees. "Who the hell are you?!" I asked her.

     "I'm kind of disappointed that you forgot my name, but oh well. You can call me Miori," She said, an evil grin on her face. She became clearer to see when she stepped out into the moonlight. She had dirty blonde hair and amber eyes.

     My eyes widened in shock as I realized why I knew this girl. "I-it's you..." I tried to take a step backward, but stumbled slightly.

     "So you do remember me!" She took several steps closer. "Well, that's good. Now, how about we get this over with?"

     I was about to ask what she meant, but she ran at me before I could open my mouth. I didn't have time to move before she had pinned me up against a tree. Her hands were around my throat.

     What the hell is going on?...

     I didn't try to ask why she was doing this. I had an idea why she was.

     My hands went up to try and pry hers off of my neck as her grip slowly became tighter. I could tell when she had gone as tight as she could when something claw-like started to dig into my neck.

     Fear was obvious in my facial expression. I was truly fighting for my life right now. This woman will kill me if I don't get free.

     I was having trouble breathing. She was cutting off my air. If there was blood from whatever was cutting into my neck, I couldn't tell. I was losing consciousness. My strength was fading and she knew it.

     The last thing I saw before my vision went black were two boys: one with red and white hair, and one with ash blond hair.

~third person~

     Todoroki and Bakugou weren't far behind (Y/n) and Denji so it wasn't that surprising when they reached the same area as the girl. What they saw, though, was quite shocking for them.

     (Y/n) was against a tree, being choked by a villain. It was obvious the (h/c)-haired girl was losing her strength. Her attempts to free herself were become slow and barely had any effort. One thing Todoroki noticed was that Denji wasn't in the area.

     The villain noticed the two boys shortly after (Y/n) fell unconscious, but she didn't free her. "Let go of her," Todoroki instructed.

     "She'll be dead sooner if I don't though," Miori said.

     When Bakugou went to go set off an explosion in her face, she used her claw-like nails to push him away while she dodged. She still got hit by the blast, but not as badly as Bakugou had planned. "I guess she'll just have to wait to join the rest of her family. Sorry, but I don't feel like fighting an unfair battle, boys! Maybe I could kill you both as well next time!"

     Miori quickly took off, leaving (Y/n) to fall to the ground. As Todoroki went to pick up (Y/n) and carry her on his back, Denji appeared on the edge of the path.