12

"And like that, the second round has officially ended."

     What? What the hell happened?

     I looked around me to see Denji, Ojiro, and the dude with purple hair. Denji and Ojiro both looked just as confused as I was. There were headbands around the other dude's neck.

     "Now, let's look at who the top four teams are! In first place, Team Todoroki!"

     Todo's team won?

     "In second place, Team Bakugou!"

     With Baku behind him?

     "In Third place is Tetsutet- Wait, what? It's team Shinsou! When'd they come back from the dead?"

     Shinsou? Is that the purple-haired dude?

     "Thanks for your help," Shinsou said before walking off.

     "Okay, what the hell happened?" I asked to no one in particular.

     "And in fourth place, is team Midoriya!"

     Wow, even though he apparently lost his headband, he's still moving up.

     "Now, let's move on to the lunch break activities!"

     "Hey, Denji, let's go find Kei and Hoshi," I suggested. Part of me wanted to talk to Keijirou and see if he could help me figure out what the hell had happened. I started to walk off once I saw Denji nod.

     It didn't take us long to find our older siblings. They had been looking for us as well. "Kei!" I called out when I spotted the third year. His hair was slowly going back to black.

     "(Y/n), Denji," Keijirou said as he turned towards us with Hoshi beside him. "What the hell were you two doing during the cavalry battle?"

     I looked down at the ground. "I honestly don't remember."

     "I don't either," Denji added.

     "Last thing that I remember is Shinsou asking us our names..." I thought for a second before saying, "Maybe it's his quirk?"

     "That's always a possibility," Keijirou said. Denji and Hoshi then started to have their own conversation after stating where they were going to be.

     As Keijirou and I started to walk down the halls, he spoke, "Good job getting to the final round, little spider."

     "Thanks, even though I don't really remember what all happened during the second game," I pointed out.

     "Remember, the last round is usually a 1v1, even though they change it up every year. At this point, as long as you can do your best, I'm sure you'll get scouted."

~

     "Yaoyorozu, Jirou, (Y/n)," Kaminari started. We all turned around to face him and Mineta. The only reason I was with them was because I ran into them while getting some food.

     "What is it? Is there something you two need?" Yaoyorozu asked the two.

     "Well, I'm sure that you're already aware since you're the class rep, but the teachers said that all the girls have to wear those uniforms for the big cheer battle later," Mineta said, pointing towards five girls wearing cheerleader uniforms.

     "What?!" Jirou and I practically shouted from surprise. Yaoyorozu managed to stay calm while we stared at the two with wide eyes and open mouths.

     "That's odd. This is the first time that I'm hearing about this. Are you sure?" Yaoyorozu asked.

     "You don't have to believe me if you don't mind getting in trouble. But, this is coming straight from Mr. Aizawa. I thought you'd forgotten so I decided that I'd remind you just in case," Mineta explained. I looked up at Kaminari to see him nodding.

     Later on, I stood with the girls of class 1-A, all seven of us wearing cheerleader uniforms. "Looks like class 1-A is going full on fan-service!" Present Mic's voice spoke through the speakers.

     "What?! You tricked us! You'll regret this!" Yaoyorozu shouted at Kaminari and Mineta. Yaoyorozu fell to her knees as she said, "Why do I always end up falling for that pervert's tricks? I even used my quirk to make these outfits." Uraraka bent down to pat the girl on the back.

     "Ugh! I hate those guys!" Jirou expressed as she threw down her pom-poms. I nodded in agreement as I stood next to her.

     "Well, we do have some time before the finals start and I kinda like these outfits, sowhy don't we just go with it!" Hagakure suggested, waving her pom-poms around.

     "Are you crazy?!" Jirou asked.

     I laughed quietly as I looked away from the girls. I managed to spot Denji looking towards Hagakure, but I didn't say anything. He was watching her as she aggressively moved the pom-poms with a slightly confused look on his face. 

     Once the lunch break ended, those of us that got to move on gathered in front of the stage where Midnight stood. "Come closer and draw lots to see who you'll be going up against. Then, enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we begin. The sixteen finalists have the option to either participate in these activities or sit out and prepare for the finals. I'm sure you'll all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team!" Midnight instructed.

     "Uh, excuse me. Sorry, but I'd like to drop out of the final round," Ojiro raised his hand. His words took us by surprise. "It just wouldn't feel right to me. I don't remember a lot of the cavalry battle except for the very end of it. I think it was that guy's quirk."

      I looked down at the ground as he continued talking.

     "I know that this is a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of it, but my conscious just won't let me."

     "Think about this-," Midoriya started.

     "I have, okay? Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair."

     I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from agreeing with Ojiro and doing the same thing. Part of me wanted to do just as Ojiro had, but the rest didn't want to disappoint Keijirou and the family that's watching me at home. 

     I would drop out as well, but I rather not get killed by Kei and Hoshi. Denji's probably thinking the same, at least with Hoshi. 

     I accidentally had missed what the girls had said because I was trying to not speak up, but I did hear Ojiro's reply. "That isn't it. I'm talking about my pride here. Also, why are all the girls dressed like cheerleaders?"

     Midnight took a few seconds to respond, but she eventually did. "This kind of talk is incredibly naïve, my boy. That turns me on! Ojiro, you've been withdrawn!"

     Um, what the hell, Midnight?

     "Now, let's see. We'll have to move someone up from the 5th ranking team so we have enough contestants."

     "We were frozen for most of the time. We barely did anything in the cavalry battle. You should choose from the group that was fighting the entire time. Team Tetsutetsu," A girl from class 1-B explained.

     "And so, Tetsutetsu has advanced to the final round. Take a look at the bracket, my dears! These are your opponents!" Midnight announced.

     I looked at the board, looking for my name and Denji's.

     So I'm fighting Mina Ashido? And Denji is fighting against Denki Kaminari?

A/n: Okay, guys, starting this week, updates for this story will (hopefully, if I remember) be on Wednesdays and Sundays instead of Wednesdays and Saturdays since I got a job today and they're wanting me to work all day next Saturday