50

We were in the building where we had spent days working on our quirks and special attacks. "Is he... serious?" Sero asked.

     In front of us, Togata was stretching. "Oh, yea, totes serious."

     Amajiki was still facing a wall. "Mirio. You're impossible. It would have been simple enough for us to just tell them, 'This is what it's like, here's what we learned from it.' Not everyone has your level of drive. Plus, think about how bad it'll look if some of them can't recover after fighting you. No one wants to spend the next few years in a hospital bed."

     Hospital bed? Is this guy really capable of putting us in a hospital bed for that long?

     "I bet he's just trying to psych us out," Kirishima theorized.

     "Don't be so sure about that Kiri. We don't fully know what they're capable of," I quietly said. I learned to stop underestimating people after my first ever training session with Hoshi. For a girl who shouts positive things at you, she can be terrifying, and I'm not just talking about when she's using her quirk.

     "Hey, listen up. It's story time," Hado said. We looked over to her. She was messing with Ashido's horns. I couldn't really tell if Ashido was nervous or uncomfortable.

     "Long ago, a student got super frustrated in class and quit being a hero, and it was terrible for everyone. Did you know that? So, Togata, I know our job is tough. But, you better make sure you know what you're doing. Be careful, okay?"

     "Please stop touching those," Ashido asked the curious girl.

     Poor Mina...

     "Let's think about this. You're obviously much further ahead than us. But we've fought pros before," Tokoyami pointed out.

     Kirishima stepped forward. "Not to mention, we took down some legitimate villains. I don't think you need to worry about hurting us. We're not a buncha wannabes," He said.

     "Heard, but you're gonna have to show me that's the truth. Now, who's gonna start this party?" Togata asked.

     Kirishima got into a fighting stance. "I've got this."

     "No. I'm first," Midoriya denied Kirishima.

     "You stole my thunder!" Kirishima pouted a bit.

     "View this as a learning experience! It's a good opportunity for you," Aizawa called out to us.

     "Oh, the problem child! Yes, this is perfect, I've heard you got plenty-a fire in ya," Togata approved.

     Midoriya got into a position, ready to leap at Togata and activated his quirk. "The close combat team should surround him first thing!" Sato said.

     "Let's do it!" Kirishima said, activating his quirk. As my classmates activated their quirks and got ready to fight, I stood between the middle and the back of the group.

     Midoriya leaped towards Togata, initiating the fight. I could hear Jirou freaking out as Togata's clothes fell off of his body. I was freaking out internally.

     "Why did your clothes just fall off?!" Sero shouted from the back of the group.

     "Oopsy! My quirk's kinda tricky," He said, trying to put his pants back on.

     Midoriya was still flying towards the third year. He threw a kick to Togata's face, but, from where I stood, it looked as if Midoriya had missed. I knew that wasn't what happened, though. He landed on the other side of Togata.

     "Went for the face, huh?" Togata said. Sero shot tape at him while Aoyama fired his laser and Ashido shot her acid. Their attacks just went through Togata and destroyed the rock behind him.

     "What's this?" Iida asked. "Where'd he go?"

     "I think I'll start by taking out the long-distance fighters," Togata said from behind Jirou. Jirou screamed. Not out of fear, but because Togata was naked once again.

     "His power isn't just slipping through things," Sato said, running towards Jirou. Everyone was saying different things, but I didn't hear it. I was too focused on the fight.

     Tokoyami used Dark Shadow to attack Togata, but got punched in the stomach. Denji had also attacked at the same time as Tokoyami. He had used some of his radiation, but had the same fate as the class bird boy.

     I shot a web to the roof while running to where Togata was. I used the web to swing to him, planning on kicking the blond upperclassmen. When my foot would have made contact, I passed through him.

     I turned my head to look behind me as I passed Togata. I let go of my web as I saw Togata's fist coming towards my back. I had hoped that I would be able to fall to the ground and dodge the hit, but I hadn't timed it right. His fist made contact with my back, knocking me to the ground.

     I stayed on the ground on the outside of the group. My classmates were taken down quickly as well. Some were holding their stomachs while the rest just laid there. Except for Jirou and Kaminari; they had been tied together with Jirou's earphone jacks.

     Todoroki was watching on the sidelines, a shocked expression on his face. "Think that's it for the long-distance fighters," Togata said. "All that's left are the ones who specialize in close-quarters combat."

     "I have no idea how he just did that," Kirishima said.

     I don't either, Kiri, and I was apart of it!

      "It's one thing to be able to phase through stuff, but warping, too?" Uraraka questioned.

     "He's unrivaled. Do we stand a chance?" Ojiro asked.

     "Hold the flattery," Togata said, preparing to fight again.

     "There's more to his quirk than we're seeing," Midoriya pointed out. "Whether his true power is slipping through matter, or whether he's somehow warping himself through space... Either way, he's still landing his attacks directly. In the moment he's about to make contact, we should be able to counter him. Even if we can't tell what he's doing, we should theorize with what we do know and use that knowledge to find a way to beat him."

     "Yeah, you said it," Kirishima agreed.