60

~first person~Keijirou (L/n)~

     "If only I'd rescued her then, even if I had to use force. At least she'd be safe," Midoriya said after explaining what had happened. 

     "Aw, man. So that's what happened that day? That's so frustrating!" Kirishima said. 

     "You tried, Deku," Uraraka said in a soft, sad voice.

     We were all quiet when Eraserhead entered the room. "Is this a funeral or something?" He asked.

     "Mr. Aizawa, hello, sir," Asui greeted her teacher. 

     "Call me Eraserhead outside of school. You know, it's just my luck. Before you got involved in this, I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended," he told his four students. 

     They were shocked. "What? Why would you do that?" Kirishima asked. 

     "You were listening when he said the League of Villains is involved, right? That changes a lot of things. Here's the deal. Midoriya. You still haven't proven I can trust you again. Unfortunately, I'm positive if I try to stop you now, you'll do something reckless and attempt to take things into your own hands. So, I'll be watching you. If you're going to see this through, you have to do it the right way. Use your head. Ya hear me, problem child?" 

     I noticed Amajiki turn to Togata. "Mirio, please, will you try to smile?" 

     "Hey! I know what'll help you! Just remember! Regretting something and getting frowny doesn't change things. You know it?" Hado said. 

     "Yeah," Togata said. 

     "Don't worry, Mirio, everything will turn out good," I tried to cheer the blond up. 

     "I'll say this once, in case it gives you a little peace of mind. Just because you didn't hold onto her this time, doesn't mean you didn't give Eri hope. So keep looking forward," Aizawa said, cheering up Midoriya. 

     "Right!" The green-haired boy said. 

     "Mr. Aizawa!" Uraraka said, sounding on the verge of tears. 

     "I said that I'm Eraser here."

     "I'm your man for the rest of my life, Eraser!" Kirishima told his teacher. 

     "Ugh, I'm not interested." 

     Togata, Amajiki, Hado, and I watched the four as they talked with their teacher. "Mirio?" Amajiki tried to get the blond's attention and succeeded.

     "Yeah, I know," Togata nodded slightly before standing up. "Hey, Midoriya. Next time we'll definitely save her." 

     "Right! No matter what!" Midoriya agreed. 

     "Don't get too worked up about this. The Big Three, and (L/n), and one thing. They're strong enough to hold their own out there with the pros. But the rest of you will be minimally involved. Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima. You didn't volunteer for this, and you're not obligated to participate. It's your call," Aizawa told the four first years. 

     "Mr.- I mean, Eraserhead! After everything that we just heard, I can't imagine not helping out, sir," Uraraka said, standing up. 

     "Yeah, if you're gonna let us be part of this, I'd like to pitch in however I can," Asui agreed. 

     "The heroes asked you to be in that meeting. I don't think they would've wanted you guys to be there if they didn't recognize your abilities. I mean, I've seen for myself that a first year can shine brighter than me," Amajiki said. 

     "C'mon, Tamaki, you're amazing. You didn't know what was going to happen," I told my classmate. 

     "If I can use my power to help that girl even a little bit, then count me in, Eraserhead!" Kirishima said. 

     "As long as all of you understand. Our scope here is limited. For now, our only goal is to rescue Eri. We won't step in further than that. Given the recent altercation, neither the police nor Nighteye believe that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai have formed a partnership. So the chances are relatively low that the League will be involved in this raid. But if it turns out they're mistaken about that, and the League does make an appearance, you guys are out," Aizawa said to his students. 

~~~

     I had woken up in the middle of the night to my phone going off. I looked at it to see that they had found her. I quickly went outside to the front of the dorms to meet with Togata, Amajiki, and Hado. They had gotten the message as well.