62

~first person~ Keijirou (L/n)~

     We ran down the staircase and around a corner. We had to stop when we ran into a dead end. "Looks like a dead end. So, now what?" The detective asked. 

     "So much for your Foresight, Nighteye!" Rock-Lock said. 

     "Hold on a second, let me take a look," Togata offered, walking towards the wall. 

     "Lemillion, if you go through, you'll be naked," Kirishima pointed out. 

     I laughed lightly a bit and said, "Don't worry, it'll be fine. He'll keep his costume on."

     Amajiki nodded and added, "Mirio's costume was constructed from a special fiber made of his own hair. It's designed so it becomes permeable when he activates his quirk."

     Togata had poked his head through the wall for a few seconds before deactivating his quirk and telling us, "The hallway's just been blocked with this wall. Unfortunately, breaking through it's not gonna be easy."

     "I knew this Chisaki guy could tear crap apart and put it back together, but damn," Rock-Lock said. 

     "It was just a cheap trick!" Fat Gum made a fist. 

     "If he did this, it's gotta mean that we're on the right track!" Midoriya said. 

     "Yeah, you're right," Kirishima agreed. "But he's an idiot if he thinks a dumb wall will stop us!" Kirishima was getting ready to punch the wall. He and Midoriya then flung themselves at the wall, their quirks activated as they hit the concrete, breaking through it. 

     "Hey, that didn't suck," Rock-Lock said.

     "I'll say! They beat me to the punch," Fat Gum said. 

     Togata stepped forward. "We need to keep moving." So, that's what we did. 

     At least, we tried to. We hadn't gotten very far before the hallway started to move. "What's going on?" Kirishima asked. 

     "Everything's twisting!" Midoriya pointed out the obvious. 

     "This is someone different," The detective said, stumbling to the wall. "Maybe Iranaka. Chisaki's quirk isn't able to do a thing like this. Iranaka's quirk, Mimic, lets him enter objects and control them as he would his own body. He must have gone into the concrete in the halls down here and made this a living maze."

     "It shouldn't be possible on this scale! He's not supposed to be able to control anything larger than a damn refrigerator," Rock-Lock pointed out. 

     "Remember who we're dealing with here. Dollars to doughnuts, he's using a performance-enhancer," Fat Gum reminded the pro-hero. "I was ready for just about anything, but I didn't expect the whole building to turn against us. Still, controlling something this big's gotta be wearin' out the guy. Eraserhead! Can't you stop him?"

     "I can't do anything without seeing his real body," Eraserhead informed us. 

     "With the passageway shifting and changing like this, they can create as many escape routes as they need to. We have to think quickly if we wanna catch them. No, who are we kidding? They're gonna escape with the girl, and we're all gonna die down here!" Amajiki went on. 

     "Tamaki!" Togata got said boy's attention, putting a hand on his shoulder. "No way's that gonna happen. Understand? You can do this, Suneater! Besides, they're just trying to buy themselves more time! They can warp the path forward if they want, but as long as we know the direction of our goal, I can still reach it!"