Chapter 8 - Training part 2

Naoto already used one and a half years to train his sense in the cave and fighting techniques. However Reigen has a complicated feeling, Naoto's sense already reaches its peak and without a doubt, he is a genius in this aspect. But, there is one problem, he can't use breath techniques.

Reigen is a master at rock breathing style, teaching other people is not a problem for him. At the same time, it's very easy to see who can grasp the breathing technique, and Naoto clearly is not in his criteria of someone who can master a breath.

After teaching and showed him how to use a rock breathing technique for a long time, Naoto can't utilize any of it. At first, he thought maybe Naoto is not compatible with rock breathing, even so, at least people who are not compatible could control their breathing. However, Naoto couldn't use any of it at all after a year of continuous training.

In short, Naoto is breathless. Reigen rubbed his temple, his head feel hurt since he didn't know what to do next. Reigen mumbled under his breath.

"That kid Kagaya, actually giving me a defective product."

Naoto stopped swinging his axe and shift his confused gaze to Reigen who sit above a giant boulder with a deep frown. Why does Reigen have a troubled look? Reigen realized Naoto is staring at him, so he scolds Naoto.

"Oi! Who said you can stop? Keep swinging!"

"Y-yes Master I'm sorry!"

Because of Reigen loud shout, Naoto panicked and hurriedly get back to his training. Reigen mumbled again with troubled feelings.

"I guess there is no choice. Oi, Brat! Stop training for a bit, come here there is something I want to explain to you."

"Eh? Okay."

Naoto stopped swinging his axe, he feels very confused. A few minutes ago he just yelled at him to go back and train, now he tells him to stop. But Naoto obediently followed every single of Reigen order. He sits on the ground in front of Reigen.

"Kid, you don't know anything yet about demon hunters, demon, and the benefit of this training, so this is a good time to tell you. Each demon hunters have their rank and if you keep slaying demon naturally your rank will go up, the stronger the demon you slay, the faster you can rank up. The rank can be graded as follows: Mizunoto → Mizunoe → Kanoto → Kanoe → Tsuchinoto → Tsuchinoe → Hinoto → Hinoe → Kinoto → Kinoe. With the highest rank are the pillars, they are the strongest swordsmen out of all of them. Of course, the higher your rank is, the higher the risk you need to face. But the reward you get naturally can't be compared with a lower rank. There is even a privilege only given especially to high rank."

"Master, what is your rank?"

"You don't need to know, there is no point in knowing about it right now. Anyway, back to the subject, the demon hunter's main power is the Nichirin blade and breathing technique. Do you know about them kid?"

"I have read about Nichirin blade before in my father's book, it's a weapon made from a special material which continuously absorbed light so it can kill a demon. There is a color of red, blue, yellow, green, gray, white, and black. The blade can change its colors depends on who wields it. Red symbolized flame, blue symbolized water, yellow symbolized lightning, green symbolized wind, gray symbolized rock, white symbolized mist, and black is still unknown. As for the breathing technique, I never heard of it before."

"Hm? Your father has a book about it? It's supposed to be a secret. But oh well, you get it right about the Nichirin blade. Then there is no need for me to explain about Nichirin blade. About the breathing technique, as I said, it's one of the main weapons of demon hunter. Like the color of the Nichirin blade, demon hunters could use the power of breathing to increase their own strength. By doing so, we could draw out a very huge power above our imagination."