Chapter 119 - Last Wish

Waking up, Naoto found himself somewhere in the middle of a grass field. He look at the sky above, it's pale pink in color like a twilight.

In front of him, he saw a river splitting the grass field. On the riverbank, he saw a wooden boat and red spider lily sprout along the river.

Strangely, Naoto feel this place very warm and calm, he liked it a little bit.

He started walking around leisurely, as if he is enjoying the nature.

"Hooh~, so this is the afterlife. And this place must be the rumored Sanzhu river. They are right, there is a lot of red spider lily in the afterlife. And that boat should take me somewhere, either to heaven or hell right?"

Naoto keep walking around to enjoy the place.

"So where should I start searching for Kanae?"

He scratch the back of his head, feeling confused. Now that he's here, he actually don't have any clue as what to do next.

"You don't need to find me you know."

Suddenly, a very familiar voice reach his ears. Huge sense of nostalgia rushed flood over Naoto heart. Naoto smiled and shift his vision across the river.

The girl he really want to meet all this time stood right there, she smiled gently at Naoto. Naoto smiles back and speak.

"If you're here, you can at least say something to me."

Kanae giggled.

"Hahaha~, sorry, it's fun to watch your curious face."

Naoto smiled bitterly.

"Please don't tease me like that."

"Fufufu~"

Her appearance still looks the same as the last time Naoto remembered it.

Both of them become quiet for a moment. They just feel so happy to see each other, that they can't find any right words to express themselves. They keep staring at each other until Kanae break the silence.

"Everything is over right?"

"Yeah, it's finally over. Did you see it?"

"Of course, I've been by your side all this time."

"I know."

"Really~?"

Kanae asked mischievously.

Single bead of cold sweat flow down from Naoto face, did he just got busted?

"Sorry, I'm lying."

With a grin, Kanae said.

"I know~. You really love me after all don't you~?"

Naoto face instantly turned beet red.

"I-I-I... I told you to stop with the tease!!"

"Fufufu~, I'm sorry I will stop now, for real."

She glanced down, her smiles suddenly look full of sadness.

"But maybe because of that... I also cause you a great pain."

Naoto is a very loyal man, there is no doubt about that. But that's also the reason and root of all his suffering up until now. Deep inside her heart, she really wish Naoto will just forget about her so he can find a new happiness instead of trapped in the past.

Seeing Kanae expression, Naoto clutches his heart, there is a prickling pain in his heart. Tears began to flow from his smiling face.

"Kanae... I love you."