Chapter 84 - After Red Light District

The kakushi manage to find a wagon and three horses. Naoto immediately went there with his horse and attach the wagon to all of the horses. Before leaving, he left a stack of money in front of the house that looks like the owner of this wagon.

Gotou the kakushi helped Naoto to bring all four kids to the wagon and let them lie there.

"Gotou, you keep watch on their condition, if something happens tell me."

"Yes, Karasuma-sama!"

Naoto starts to drive the wagon with Gotou taking care of the kids in the back.

...

It's still night when they arrive in butterfly estate, Naoto and Gotou immediately carry Inosuke and Tanjirou into the surgery room. Shinobu already waits for them there when she received the message from Shiro.

But Naoto got another job to do, and that is to calm all the girls down. Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho keep crying uncontrollably, while Aoi keeps blaming herself with teary eyes. After all of the girls calmed down, Naoto went to the veranda to smoke.

This is a pack of cigarettes Naoto buys when he is out on the mission and he has been hiding it from Shinobu. Shinobu already said to smoke one cigarette per day, but right now he doesn't really care and start smoking more than one.

Right now he feels very worried, there is a lot of unnecessary and negative thoughts. He grips the pocket watch firmly and place it close to his heart before taking a deep breath.

Few hours passed and the sky is still dark. Shinobu finally finished treating three people, and their condition has stabilized. She went to the veranda and sit beside Naoto. Her face looks very tired, she haven't slept for two days and now she need to keep treating three patient. Including Tengen and his wives, she needs to treat seven patients. Shinobu has worked really hard.

Tengen and his three wives also being treated in butterfly estate. Shinobu treat Tengen wounds with scary smile the whole time, and it sends a shiver down his spine. Even his wives didn't dare to interrupt her.

"You... how many cigarettes did you smoke?"

She saw a lot of cigarettes stub on the ground.

Naoto's face also look tired, he didn't sleep at all and wait until Shinobu finished.

"Sorry... it's twelve... or maybe thirteen..."

He didn't want to make any excuse right now.

Both of their voice feels weary and weak.

"Twelve? That's a lot... Only for today..."

"Yes..."

"Their condition has stabilized."

"Good to hear... thank you Shino-"

Before Naoto could finish his word, Shinobu head fall into Naoto's lap and started to sleep soundly. A dark circle could be seen under her eyes. Naoto's expression softens when he saw Shinobu sleeping face. He caresses her hair gently and muttered.

"Thank you for your hard work Shinobu."

He carries Shinobu to her room and lays her down before he goes to Tanjirou room to see his condition. Right now he's sleeping with a lot of machine and UV line beside him. He feel pained seeing Tanjirou in this condition, but he already made his mind to support Tanjirou as a hunter. There is no way back now.

After checking Tanjirou, Naoto went to check Inosuke condition first before he heads back to his room to sleep.

...