Chapter 19 - New Life

Without he realize, Naoto already lived in Butterfly estate for one month. Once every few days he and Shinobu will go to shopping street to buy groceries and clean the whole manor. For now, this is his new peaceful life, and he really likes it.

An old lady is smiling with a gentle face to Shinobu who browse her vegetable stall.

"Shinobu-chan, this daikon just arrived today, you can make a very good pickle with this."

With a kind smile, Shinobu accepts the old lady's offer.

"It's been a long time since I make it, then I will take some of it baa-san."

"Okay, here you go."

The old lady packs the daikon with a paper and gives it to Naoto. He takes it and puts it inside a shopping bag made from cloth.

"Thank you, baa-san."

"No, no, thank you as always. Nao-chan, your face looks brighter than before."

Because of what the old shopkeeper said, Naoto unconsciously touch his face.

"Hm? Really? I rarely see my own face with a mirror so-"

The old lady feels funny, it looks like Naoto didn't get the meaning of her words.

"Fufufu, it's not that."

"Huh?"

He feels confused, she is talking about his face right?

"When I first meet you, you have this gloomy cold air around, but now it's very warm. It's like you've changed a lot."

"Is that so? I never realize it. But I do feel much better than before."

"That's good, young people shouldn't brood too much over the past, you should focus more on what important right now."

"Yes baa-san, thank you for the advice. Then we need to head back now."

"Mm, be careful on your way home, please come again."

The kind old lady waved at Naoto and Shinobu. They waved back as they walk away. Naoto turns his head at Shinobu who walks beside him.

"Hey, do I really look that gloomy?"

Shinobu thinks for a second and answers with a smile.

"Mm, I don't know about that, but you are as annoying as always."

A vein appeared on Naoto's head and his smile twitched in irritation.

"W-well, I'm sorry if I ever bother you Shinobu-sama."

Ever since the conversation they had that night, the wall between Naoto and Shinobu shrinks, but there is still some distance between them. Shinobu is still as harsh as ever, but Naoto can feel she become a bit more gentle than before.

"Stop talking about something useless, let's head back quickly."

"Yes, yes. Sigh, when will my nichirin blade arrive?"

"Nee-san already informs it to oyakata-sama before, just be patient and wait."

"But it's been a month you know. And there is no further information about it."

"You can't do anything about it, the swordsmith village is top secret only known by oyakata-sama, even pillar didn't know about its whereabouts."

"Should I visit Ubuyashiki and asked him about it?"

"I won't recommend it, oyakata-sama house also the headquarters of demon hunter. Only the pillars and people oyakata-sama invited can go there. If you go there unannounced, you will cause an uproar."