Chapter 99 - War Preparation part 1

That night, after Shinobu treat Naoto's injuries, Naoto write a letter to Kagaya and every pillar regarding the abilities and detail of the demon he fought.

Early in the morning, a crow with purple cloth flies down into the Naoto room window. The window is opened, so he flies right beside Naoto who's still sleeping soundly. He feels very tired because of what happened yesterday.

Kuromaru starts pecking Naoto's head with its beak.

"Naoto, wake up. Naoto, wake up. My master has summoned you. Wake-"

Before he can utter another word, a giant hand grab the black crow. Brown pupils stare right into Kuromaru eyes, there is a hint of displease in those brown eyes.

"Noisy... Can't you let me sleep peacefully? I was having a hard time yesterday and this is how you show your thanks to my hard work?"

"Can't help it, my master calls you. There is something important he needs to discuss with you."

"I already sent a letter to him yesterday, everything is detailed in that letter. Now stop bothering me, let me sleep for a little bit more."

"It's not about the letter, this is something more important. So please come now."

"..."

Naoto gets up and scratch his head grumpily. He ties his shoulder length hair into a ponytail with a small black butterfly ornament.

"I will go there after breakfast, I won't bargain about this. You don't want me to die from starvation right?"

"That's also fine, see you at my master house."

"Yes, yes, go now. I don't want any loud noise this morning, yesterday a white snake belongs that worm come to pick a fight with Shiro. I don't want you to ruin my peaceful morning."

As Naoto walks toward the dining room, Kagaya personal crow fly out from the room.

In the dining room, everyone is having breakfast as usual.

"I will meet Ubuyashiki after this."

Shinobu didn't feel too surprised because of what happened yesterday, he must want to talk about the upper moon.

"Is it about yesterday?"

Naoto shrug his shoulder and continue to eat quietly.

"Probably."

"Only you?"

"Yes."

Shinobu feel a bit weird, usually every time an upper moon appear, all pillar always summoned to discuss about it. But this time it's only Naoto? She can't help but think there is something going on. But she shove that thought away because there is a lot of things that can happen in time like this.

...

Morning, in Ubuyashiki estate.

Amane, Kagaya wife is leading Naoto to his husband's room. She opened the door and stand on the side to let Naoto enter.

"Naoto-sama has arrived."

Naoto saw Gyomei sitting beside Kagaya bed. Naoto feels shocked at heart because Kagaya whole body is covered in a bandage. Except for the nostrils and mouth.

So this is the reason he never attends the pillar meeting before. Naoto can feel Kagaya life force is very weak, but his strong will has been keeping him alive all this time.

"Thank you... for coming... Naoto..."

Kagaya voice is very weak, but the gentle and kindness in his voice are still there. Naoto put his suitcase and leather bag down before sitting beside Gyomei. There is a hint of sadness in Naoto's eyes as he scans Kagaya body from body to toe.