Chapter 77 - Successor and Disciple

The same day, in the garden.

Naoto is planting a flower with Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho while singing a song. The three little girl is wearing a small straw hat to block the sunlight.

"I want to become a flower
Always, no matter what time it is
To be a flower blooming close to you
I want to become a flower"

Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho also sing along together.

"""When I put it into words
They seemed to be swept away in the wind
I was always just, Looking down"""

"In this endless
Wide world
You somehow
Found out about me"

"""I want to become a flower
A flower that gently illuminates your heart
When you are sad
I want to become a flower"""

Suddenly from the house, Aoi is calling them from the window on the second floor of the hospital.

"Sumi, Kiyo, Naho, can you help me?"

Four of them look up at Aoi. Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho feel troubled, they are helping Naoto right now. Naoto smiles gently and says in a kind tone.

"It's okay, go and help Aoi. Her job is more important, we can continue to plant it the next day. There is no rush."

"""Yes, Naoto-sama."""

The three children nodded and obediently went to help Aoi. Naoto keeps smiling seeing the children run into the house. After the children are gone, he continues digging the soil with a small shovel and put a seed inside it before closing it back.

"When I open the window
The light is too bright
There are also painful days
When I am looking up, but"

"What are you doing?"

A bright voice of a man sounded behind him. Naoto turns around and look at the man with long yellow hair who sits on the veranda.

"Rengoku, you already finish the cake so you want to bother me now?"

"Hahaha! That's a good song!"

"Don't laugh, and go back to your bed. You are still in the middle of recovery. Shinobu will kill me if she saw you with me."

"Why?"

"Because she will think that I'm the one who drags you out here."

"Hahaha! You're too worried about everything!"

"Sigh..."

"So what are you doing?"

Kyojurou asked curiously as Naoto continue to dig another soil.

"Planting my worry."

"Huh? I don't understand."

"You don't need to."

Kyojurou keep watching Naoto dig the soil one after another for a few minutes.

"Karasuma..."

Naoto says without turning his head around.

"What? You still here?"

"Like I already said before, I want Kamado to become my tsuguko."

Naoto hands that keep shoveling the ground suddenly stop moving.

Since both Kyojurou and Tanjirou sleep in the same room, everyday Kyojurou will tell everything about his training and about the flame pillar. Tanjirou also looks very interested, and after seeing Kyojurou abilities in the train, it's only natural that Tanjirou wants to gain the same level of power and strength.