Chapter 13 - Grieve

He don't know how long he has been sleeping here. Giyuu opened his eyes weakly. He saw an unfamiliar ceiling above him. He tries looking around, this place looks like patient room. Sunlight penetrating the paper door and window, making the room look bright. On his arm, there is a IV line with blood bag.

"Oh, you finally wake up."

A slightly familiar voice sounded beside him. Giyuu saw two people sitting beside his bed with worried expression.

"Uh... Abe-san... and Mori-san...?

Because he just wake up, Giyuu voice still sound weak. Abe and Mori smile happily.

"Yes, I'm glad you remembered us."

Abe and Mori are sitting beside Giyuu all this time, waiting him to wake up. Giyuu slowly get up and sit on the bed. He still feel a bit light headed.

"What happen? Where am I?"

"You are inside the clinic of demon slaying corps. Your head is bleeding and you lose a lot of blood, the doctor said you need to rest for few more days."

"I see, then that means the exam is finally over."

"Yes."

Giyuu suddenly remember about something important.

"Do you know where Sabito and Nao right now? They are my friends. Ah Sabito is a boy with peach colored hair and scar on the corner of his mouth, and Nao is the one you pick a fight with before the final selection started."

Both Abe and Mori fell silent, they look at each other with troubled expression. Giyuu feel something wrong from their face. A bad premonition surfaced on his heart.

"What's wrong Abe-san, Mori-san? Where is Sabito and Nao?"

"Please keep calm Giyuu-san... Actually... Sabito-san, already dead."

"Eh?"

Giyuu feel his head become empty, his eyes become watery. He didn't realize that his tears already rolled down.

"Dead?"

Mori cast his gaze down and nodded painfully.

"Yes..."

He still can't believe it, why did they say Sabito died? Sabito is very strong, there is no way he can be killed. He himself already see how strong Sabito is.

"A-Are you lying to me?"

"We won't dare to lie about it."

Mori showed Sabito yellow square patterned kimono, Giyuu take it and have a deep look. It's indeed Sabito Kimono. He hugged it tightly and his tears fall down like a waterfall. Sabito is the first friend he have, it give a lot of impact to Giyuu heart. Giyuu keep sobbing until his tears dried out. Mori and Abe quietly sit on the side in guilt.

With red eyes and nose, Giyuu asked again.

"Nao... What about Nao? Don't tell me he..."

Abe and Mori panicked.

"No, no, no, Nao-san is still alive. In fact he is the one who bring Sabito body back, his body is also full of injuries."

"Then is he here right now?"

Abe and Mori look at each other, it's a bit complicated.

"No, actually..."

They began tell what happen when Naoto insult every participant. Giyuu could only listen to the story in shock. Giyuu won't be able to bear what pain Naoto shoulder, he must have seen how Sabito died and that made him really angry.