Chapter 27 - Mission with Shinobu part 3

After lunch, Naoto and Shinobu split up to search the entire town. It's still raining heavily, a lot of branches and leaves fly everywhere. They began to search for a clue where the people disappear. In a deserted alley, Naoto looks around for a hint. 

"According to some of the townsfolk, they heard a loud scream in this place. But it doesn't seem there is any fight in here. Not even a single drop of blood on the floor."

Naoto closed his eyes and stretch his flow sense, he can feel all kinds of current swirling.

"Hm... no clue... If only there is a little flow..."

His flow sense may allow him to feel all kind flow of current, but it can't make him feel something that already happened. Unlike the sense of smell, as long as the scent is this there, they can immediately track it down.

He continues to search every plausible place where the incident happened and the place that looks like the demon will come out. 

"Ughhh... searching the clue is already hard enough, and this god damn rain made everything a lot harder. I want to hug Kanao..."

While Naoto keeps complaining, Shinobu also meets a dead end. Every people she asks will always give vague information regarding the incident. She feels at lost in what to do.

"Sigh... I wonder if Nao already found something..."

Right now, Shinobu is walking through a big paved road. No one is there because nobody wants to go out in this kind of rain. Around her, there is a lot of luxurious mansions with high wall. Just as she walks pass a western-style mansion, she feels something touch her shoulders.

A chill run through her back, she hurriedly turn around vigilantly. But soon, she heaves a sigh of relieves.

"Fuh... Nao, don't scare me like that."

Naoto smiles lightly.

"What? I only touch your shoulder."

"Don't do something like that again, I think I will get a heart attack. So, do you find any clue yet?"

Suddenly Naoto's look very serious, he nodded.

"Yes. There is one place."

He looks at the big western-style mansion just beside them. Shinobu followed Naoto's vision.

"This place?"

"Yes, according to the townsfolk, sometimes they saw someone inside this mansion."

"What is so strange about that?"

"This mansion didn't have any owner, and it's empty for more than ten years. Sometimes they also hear a lot of strange noise inside."

"Oh? No wonder I can meet you here. Looks like we finally hit a jackpot after searching for three hours. Let's go now."

"Yes."

Both of them look around after they sure there is no one, Shinobu and Naoto jumped into the yard of the mansion. Shinobu walks in front of Naoto, she keeps looking around vigilantly. Behind her, a cold smile suddenly creeps up upon Naoto's face. 

...

As Naoto walk on the desolate street, suddenly a familiar voice sounded behind him.

"Nao!"

Naoto turn around and saw Shinobu is running toward him with a smile, he feels a bit strange, since when Shinobu becomes this cheerful?

"Shinobu, what's wrong? Do you have any good news?"