Chapter 15 - Place to Belong

"We almost arrive~. Do you see that manor over there?"

Naoto followed the direction where Kanae point her fingers. There is a high wall made from bamboo and a grey roof can be seen from far away, but Naoto can't see how big it is because it got blocked by the wall.

"So that's the one. Come to think of it, you said before you need my help to repair some things right? What is it?"

"Ah, only a few minor things. Like leaking roof, and broken floor."

"Hm, hm, I see. Well, that's easy."

"Really? I'm glad to hear it!"

The three of them stood in front of a big gate. Naoto looks to the side, the wall stretches as far as eyes can see. This place must be the biggest around the area, more like there is no other house except for this one. It feels like a private area.

They walk inside and arrive in the front yard. Naoto didn't feel too surprised, this place is as big as his family house. The only differences are that the house is only one floor and a bit smaller while his family house has two levels.

The yard is very big, and there is a quite big and old looking mansion right in the middle. Some grass and wildflower grow all over the garden. The water in the pond also looks pretty dirty. But since the sun already down, Naoto can't see everything too clearly.

"Okay, let me show you around~."

Just when Kanae opens the door of the house, it slides out from its place and falls over. Making a lot of crack on the wooden door. Kanae smile froze, Naoto rubbed his chin seeing the broken door.

"So the door is also broken? Well, there is no problem. I can fix it."

"As expected of Nao! Okay, let's move on!"

They continue to walk into the hallway. The floor makes a weird noise when they walk on it. Suddenly the floor where Naoto step on break, one of his leg fall into the hole. Both Kanae and Shinobu look at Naoto quietly, it feels awkward.

"R-Right, you said the floor is broken and the roof is leaking. I can fix it."

"A-As expected of Nao! So reliable!"

Kanae and Shinobu began to show Naoto around the house.

"This is the warehouse. We store all kinds of tools and unused items here."

"The window can't be opened, and there is a spot of leaking on the ceiling."

"This is the pantry, we stock a lot of food here, there is also a lot of medicine here so you can come here to treat your injuries."

"There is a lot of crack on the wall, isn't it? This is dangerous quite dangerous if there is an earthquake. Well fixing this won't be a problem although it will take some time."

"This is the dining room and the kitchen."

"Broken floor, and faucet."

"This is the toilet."

"This one looks fine."

"This is the living room."

"The sliding door is too old, it's very hard to open it. Also, there is a spot of leaking on the ceiling."

Suddenly Naoto becomes quiet, he followed behind Kanae and Shinobu in silence.

"This is the bathroom. This is the only bathroom available, so we need to take turns using it. Since we don't have any electricity, we need to use firewood to heat the water."

"..."

"Okay to the nex-"

"Kanae... can I ask something?"