Chapter 35 - Mission with Kanae part 4

In the village, there is some commotion. Kanae saw a group of eight people talking with a very serious atmosphere. She hides her flower guard katana behind her back and approaches the group.

"Um, is something the matter?"

Among the eight people, Kanae know two of them, it was Taka and Hanabi. The other six consist of three middle-aged men and three middle-aged women. Hanabi says with a smile, but there is a trace of worry in her face.

"Kanae-chan, it's nothing you need to feel worried about."

"Eh? But..."

Taka also smile and nodded.

"You are a guest here, you don't need to mind our problem. Where is your husband?"

"He is taking a walk on the other side of the village."

One middle-aged woman who has red eyes and nose look at Kanae. Obviously, she's been crying all this time, the same with the other two women.

"W-wait, we can ask her. There is a chance this girl sees them."

"Right!"

Hanabi look hesitated, but she nodded and say to Kanae in a serious tone.

"You see Kanae-chan, actually we are in a trouble right now."

Kanae tilted her head in confusion.

"Trouble?"

"Yes, this is our friends Terauchi-san, Takada-san, and Nakahara-san. Their daughter suddenly disappears when they are sleeping."

Kanae eyes squinted a little bit, she didn't expect three people will suddenly disappear when she is patrolling. Hanabi continue her words.

"So we want to know if you see a little child wandering around the town. They are five years old."

Kanae shook her head heavily.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see any child when I was strolling around the town."

"What about your husband?"

"I need to ask him, I think he's in the north-"

Suddenly a bright flash explode in the sky. All of them look toward the mountain in shock. Kanae eyes also widen in surprise, it's a signal from Naoto.

"W-what is that?"

"I don't know."

Kanae look at all of them and said seriously.

"It's my husband signal, looks like he's in trouble. I will go and help him."

"Ah, wait! Kanae-chan!? What do you mean by that?"

Ignoring Hanabi's words, Kanae starts running, once there are no eyes prying, she raises her speed up. Her face looks very serious.

"Wait for me Nao!"

...

Inside the dark forest, a black shadow with a green hair figure flashed everywhere. The lower moon demon is trying to grab the children with its long claw, however, Naoto keep intercepting her. She floats in front of Naoto with her bat wings and her lizard-like mouth starts making a human-like noise.

"This is surprising, you can move in this complete darkness? But no matter how good you are, you can't win if you keep protecting three cute little kids over there. Just give them to me, I don't really like working hard and you can keep your life like that."

Naoto brandish his silver axe and scoffed.

"Hmph, Stop overestimating yourself."

"Onii-chan, uahhh!"