Chapter 115 - Sliver of Light in the Dark

Three months has passed since the first time I publish this book, and this book has break 100K read! Everyone, thank you!

Without further ado, this is the new chapter!

Enjoy \[^o^]/~!

...................................................................

In a quiet and calm dark night, people use this time to rest at their home. However, it's not so peaceful for people who have been fighting non-stop to stop evil from the shadow.

Sounds of blade clashing, ground cracking, and building falling can be heard in a certain part of the town. In the middle of the ruined area, a man that clearly didn't look like a human is fighting six people in a black gakuran uniform.

Lots of sharp tentacles move at a very fast speed, normal human won't be able to see it without untrained eyes. Even for the most trained hunters like the pillars, they need to keep their eyes open wide all the time because a single mistake means death.

Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Kyojurou, Obanai, and Mitsuri are trying hard to evade and blocking every single attack from Muzan deadly tentacles that are coming from every direction. Not only Muzan attack is getting fiercer and stronger, even his range of attack become wider, making the pillars having a hard time to close in.

On the rooftop at the highest point in the city, Naoto take a deep breath and sharpen his eyes. Using the anti-tank rifle, he support the pillar from afar. Pulling the trigger, a big bullet as big as adult finger fly through the air followed by loud sound of bang.

Smell of gunpowder lingered in the air.

The bullet hit Muzan in the leg, however, it instantly healed right after the bullet went through Muzan flesh. Muzan didn't feel fazed by it, his attack didn't stop at all.

Naoto clicks his tongue in displease. More than ten minutes have passed since they start the battle on the upper ground. Even with seven pillar simultaneous attack, Muzan can still deal with all of them.

"My bullet is getting farther and farther from that bastard head. His movement is too fast, and I can't risk hitting my own friends."

Pulling the bolt on the rifle, a single empty shell got ejected out. Tachibana quickly put in another bullet into the ammunition slot.

"Kimura, you didn't need to use the binocular. I can see just fine."

"Yes!"

"Both of you listen."

Kimura and Tachibana simultaneously look at Naoto, they noticed his eyes slowly glow in golden color.

"I will close my other sense except for my eyes, so watch my surroundings, I want both of you to deal with it because I won't be able to hear or feel anything."

""Yes!""

The two loyal ainu soldier nodded in affirmation.

Still using Kimura shoulder as a support, Naoto take another deep breath and close his eyes to focus himself.

"One second is not enough, I need to further than that... then..."

"[Vajrayaksha: Opening the first path]"

The golden light in Naoto eyes glow slightly brighter than before. He can feel his sense become dull, he can't hear, smell, nor feel anything except for his vision. With only his eyes available, the sense in his eyes become even stronger.

Naoto can also feel something is totally different from before. He can see his demon hunter comrades and Muzan movement looks like there is an afterimage.