Chapter 101 - Request

Every day, Naoto will go to Kagaya house at night to finish all of his preparation and to guard Kagaya in case Muzan suddenly appears. In the morning he will go back to butterfly estate to rest before going out again at night.

Finally, the fifth day comes, today Muzan is predicted will appear. Naoto feel a very heavy pressure, today everything will be settled once and for all. He rest as much as he can and meditate to sharpen his mind.

In the mountain.

There are only four swordsmen left who train under Gyomei. They are Inosuke, Tanjirou, Zenitsu, and Genya.

Inside a small hut, Genya, Tanjirou, and Inosuke is having dinner earlier.

Genya stared at his food with a dispirited face.

"Himejima-san is a pretty good person in his own right. Despite the fact he said that he won't make me into his successors because of having no talents, he figured out I was eating demons. So he make me into his disciple. But, Naoto-san said he will make me into his successors, and he is fine with me training under Himejima-san since Naoto-san master is also a rock breathing user. According to him, it's a good chance for me to increase my physical power since rock breathing training use more raw power."

Tanjirou and Inosuke look surprised.

"What? Really!? Good for you Genya!"

"Dammit! I'm so envious! Why won't that Naoto bastard choose me!? I'm also his disciple!"

Tanjirou sweat dropped seeing Inosuke throwing tantrum.

"Um, no, he only teaches you how to read and write."

"He teaches me how to fight!"

"No, he didn't. You keep picking a fight with him, and you keep getting beaten just like how you challenge Himejima-san a few days ago."

Genya put the bowl down.

"He also had Kochou-san to check my condition, but every time I see her, she always put on a disgusted face and scold me."

"I'm sure Shinobu-san is worried about your body too Genya."

Genya sulked.

"Maybe?"

Tanjirou look at Genya with concern.

"Why don't you have any spirit? You can become a pillar in the future you know."

"Well I'm happy, but I keep thinking is this right."

"What do you mean?"

"I heard from Himejima-san despite Naoto-san being breathless, he manages to create his own style. He is a natural phenomenon that can't understand. And he is talented in battle although he can't use breath. So I keep wondering will I ever reach the place Naoto-san stand right now. I don't want to be a pillar only in name."

Tanjirou cheered him on.

"Don't worry Genya! If nii-san said you can do it, I'm sure you can! He is not someone who likes to spout non-sense! Righ I want to see Giyuu-san right now, do you want to come?"

"Giyuu-san? The water pillar?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry but I will stay here, I haven't finished pushing the boulder yet. But why?"

Inosuke suddenly said high and mighty.

"You haven't finished pushing the boulder? I already done pushing it all over the town yesterday!"

"Well, I can't use breath after all."

Inosuke said mockingly with his mouth full of food.

"You can't use breath!? Hah! Shrimp!"