Chapter 51 - Last Words

Wisteria house.

Outside the operating room, Shinobu is sitting on the floor while hugging her knees. Her mind is in shambles right now, she already wait here for three hours without moving. Five girls run toward her with a panicked expression.

"Shinobu-sama!"

Hearing that familiar voice, Shinobu raise her head to look at the five children.

"Good thing all of you come."

There is no joy in Shinobu tone, only sadness and small trace of anger. But she's forcing herself to smile even if she doesn't want to.

Aoi asks with a trembling voice.

"K-Kanae-sama! How is she!?"

When they heard Kanae condition from the crow, Aoi asks few kakushi to bring all of them here.

Shinobu shook her head.

"I don't know..."

"""Kanae-sama..."""

Aoi, Sumi, and Kiyo look like they can cry at any moment while Kanao keeps staring at Shinobu without any expression. Shinobu stand up and hug all of them with her small body. The two parental figure is not here right now, one is dying and the other suddenly disappear. Shinobu needs to be the one who supports these children.

Suddenly the door of operation room opened and a middle-aged female doctor with four nurses come out. All of the girls turn around to look at the doctor. Shinobu hurriedly asks the doctor about her older sister's condition.

"D-doctor! My sister! My sister Kanae!?"

The doctor look down and shook her head.

"Please have a good talk with her."

Hearing what the doctor said, Shinobu heart sank. If the doctor says something like that, there is only one answer, there's no hope.

Back then, Kanae heart is still beating although it's very weak. She thought that maybe they can heal her, but now, all of her hope is gone. The doctor explains that the infection in her lungs already reaches the point where it can't be healed. Even surgery won't be able to save her, it will only make her die faster as Kanae body won't be able to take it. She is like a small fire that can be extinguished with a light blow.

Aoi who understands the meaning of the doctor covers her mouth in shock. Her eyes widen in horror. The children and Kanao don't really understand what the doctor means by that.

"We already tried our best Shinobu-sama, please forgive us."

The doctor and the nurse bow down with apologetic face at the same time before they walk away.

Kanae can survive up until now is already a miracle.

Shinobu bites her lips until a small amount of blood flows out. She can feel the salty taste of her own blood. Shinobu wipes her mouth and look at the children with a sad smile.

"Everyone, let's see our big sister."

They obediently follow Shinobu into the room. Inside, there is a single bed. On top of it, a beautiful girl is sleeping peacefully. Around her, there is a lot of IV line with many medical equipment.

All of them stand around the bed and look at their big sister's face. It's very pale as a white sheet, even her lips already lost all of its color.

Shinobu finger touch her beloved sister's face softly. Her skins feels very cold.

"Nee-san..."

Hearing Shinobu voice, Kanae eyes slowly opened. She smiled weakly and look around.