Chapter 89 - Muichirou and Genya

In the morning, Tanjirou heads out to find the secret weapon Kanroji was talking about. Because Haganezuka still not found, he got a lot of time to spare until his new nichirin blade done.

Meanwhile, Naoto is trying to find Kanamori to ask about the request he made to him and Haganezuka before.

However nobody knows where Kanamori is, and the villager also didn't know where he went off. When Naoto visited his house in the mountain, it's empty without a single soul.

Naoto decided to venture deep into the mountain. After a while searching without any luck, Naoto found someone familiar in the open grassy area.

A kid with long black hair and look younger than Tanjirou. It's Muichirou. Naoto have heard about him before from Shinobu, he is a genius who becomes a mist pillar after two months.

However, it looks like Muichirou suffered from amnesia that keeps making him lose memory in a short period of time. Muichirou can still remember an important thing like mission, but for everyday life, it's very hard for him to remember everything. He also can't express his emotions.

According to what she heard from Kagaya, Muichirou suffered a trauma when he was attacked by a demon. So he closed his heart and mind to protect himself until the day he can accept it. Naoto feels sad when he heard about it, he knows what kind of feelings Muichirou has because he has experienced it.

Muichirou keep staring at the sky with a blank expression.

"Hello there, Muichirou-kun~"

Muichirou realized someone is calling his name. He turned his head to the side and saw Naoto is standing beside him with a small smile. Mucihirou didn't realize when Naoto appears, he just pops out like a ghost. His face didn't have any expression like always.

"Um... if I'm not wrong you are..."

"It's Naoto."

"Ah... right, the cloud pillar."

"What are you doing Muichirou-kun?"

Muichirou looks up at the blue sky.

"Just staring at the sky."

"Do you like looking at the sky?"

"I don't know... I just feel that I will find something if I keep looking at the sky."

"Is that so?"

Naoto also looks up to the sky.

"Hey Muichirou-kun, do you know the similarity between mist and cloud?"

"..."

Muichirou didn't answer and keep staring at the sky.

"Both of them have their minds blocked by their own emotion. Their mind becomes misty and their vision becomes cloudy. Sometimes they only stay in one place, and sometimes they keep moving without any care."

"Why did you say this to me?"

"Because before... I also have my vision clouded, I can't see what is important and it ended up hurting a lot of people I care."

Mucihirou look at him still feeling confused, and Naoto smiled kindly.

"Muichirou-kun, right now you may have lost your way. But it's only temporary. If you ever feel alone, just remember that there is always someone who thinks about you. One hundred people may unable to understand you, but out of it, I'm pretty sure there is at least one person who can understand you. There is someone waiting for you. That's why don't ever give up, and keep moving okay? Even mist and cloud can protect something precious."