Chapter 24 - New Family

A few weeks after Naoto got back. 

""I'm home.""

Naoto who is sitting in the living room while reading a book heard two voices of a girl. He stand up and went to greet them at the front door. Two attractive girl is standing in the genkan.

"Welcome back, how is the... town...?"

As Naoto greets Kanae and Shinobu, his vision slowly looks down, there is a little girl holding Kanae and Shinobu hand. Her hair is messy, there is a lot of holes in her dirty clothes, and her face is also full of dirt. Her big eyes are staring at Naoto blankly.

"Wha- wh-who is this little girl!? What happened to her!? Hurry up and bath her!"

He panicked seeing the little girl in poor condition. Suddenly Shinobu kicked Naoto out to the side.

"We can't do that if you still standing there dumbass."

Naoto fall flat on the floor and the three of them walked past his body. Naoto hurriedly followed after them.

...

In the living room, Naoto and Kanae are sitting facing each other. Right now Shinobu is giving a bath to the unknown little girl.

"So... what happen?"

Sadness appears on Kanae face, it's like a painful memory surfaced on her mind.

"This girl is really pitiful. Her parents sold her... as a slave, because they don't have any money. Shinobu and I found her when we are on our way home. She looks really skinny and her eyes didn't have any lights on it, she's like an empty husk. She won't even talk or cry when her body is in pain. She is being tied on a rope and being lead by a man that looks like her master when I met her."

Naoto frowned in disgust hearing Kanae explanation, how can people fall this low. He still remember a few years ago, people won't hesitate to kill an innocent child who's just trying to survive.

However, he didn't have any right to judge them, people born different start from their gender, parents, even their condition. 

"As much as I hate it, I can't really blame their parents. Their situation forced them to do so."

"Yeah, like people, there is many kinds of parents out there... No child should suffer like this."

He sighed deeply.

"My family is a happy one, I have a good parents."

"Same..."

"I don't know what kind of parents she has or what kind of life she lead up until now. I don't even want to imagine it, if I think about it, I'm afraid I will explode in anger." 

"Nao..."

"And? Did you buy her?"

Hearing Naoto's question, Kanae eyes started swimming in every direction nervously.

"H-huh!? What are you talking about I wonder?"

Naoto stared at Kanae suspiciously, she rarely acts out of character like this.

"Don't tell me you..."

Kanae desperately tries to explain it.

"Wait, wait! Shinobu is the one who did it! Not me! Since her master is being rude, Shinobu grabbed her hands and started to run away! There is nothing I could do at that moment! It's all a heat of a moment! B-but we already give the money! No, that can't be called giving money because Shinobu flings it to the air, but he still accepts the money!"