Chapter 44 - Pillar Meeting

Three people come out of the house.

The man gracefully sit on the veranda with a gentle smile on his face, he emanates a charismatic aura. Upper half of his face already turn purple, even one of his eyes already lost its vision. Beside him, there is one little girl and boy sitting beside him.

The blind monk, Gyomei speaks with a lot of respect.

"We are fine as long as you are okay with it oyakata-sama."

"Thank you Gyomei. And, Naoto. Thank you for coming. I'm sorry for calling you so suddenly, you must feel tired right?"

Naoto stopped kneeling and sat on the floor with his arm folded.

"You bet I am."

Kanae panicked and whisper to Naoto with a small voice.

"Na-Nao, stop it, Nao."

Suddenly a white-haired man with a lot of scar on his face and chest speak who kneeled not too far from Naoto, speak with a pissed voice at Naoto.

"Oi punk, how dare you speak to oyakata-sama like that?"

"Huh? Who are you?"

Naoto feels confused that he is being scolded by an unknown man.

"I'm Shinazugawa Sanemi, the wind pillar. Remember that. Now start apologizing to oyakata-sama."

"Wind pillar? No wonder I didn't realize you are here, you are just like air."

"Nao, stop it right now!"

Kanae began to whisper again in forceful tone, but Naoto ignored it.

Sanemi gritted his teeth in anger.

"What did you say?"

"Karasuma, you should watch how you act in front of oyakata-sama."

Gyomei remind Naoto sternly, Naoto can feel the pressure from Gyomei words, but he didn't pay it any attention to it. All of the pillar began to look at Naoto with a displeased face. Kagaya raised his hand, and everyone stopped talking.

"Sanemi, Gyomei, it's okay, Naoto didn't do anything wrong here. This is just how he talks to me every time."

""Yes, Oyakata-sama.""

Sanemi and Gyomei replied respectfully.

"Naoto, could it be you still resent me for what happened back then?"

"Any person will get angry if you did something like that."

"I'm sorry about that, but that's the only thing I can do to make you join the demon hunter."

A vein appeared on Naoto's face, and his mouth twitching, he feel really pissed right now. Kagaya keeps smiling, and that makes it worse.

"Ever heard of a more normal approach? Besides, you keep harassing me every day with that Kasugai crow you-"

Before Naoto could finish his word, Kanae pinched Naoto waist with all of her might, she can feel Naoto about to say something dangerous back there.

"Agh! That hurts! Kanae stop it! You are going to rip my skin off! Okay! I'm sorry! So can you please stop it? Please forgive me!"

Naoto crouch on the floor while holding his waist in pain. Kanae strength is no joke.

Kanae didn't say anything, she is still smiling but Naoto can make out what she want to say from her expression, 'Didn't I tell you to behave?'.

Naoto began to sweat nervously. Everyone is giving Naoto a weird look.

"Crap, she is definitely angry!"