Chapter 63 - Trial part 1

Hearing Kagaya voice, every pillar began to kneel on the floor. Tanjirou looks at Sanemi in awe, this is the first time he sees him, and Tanjirou could feel the charisma of this person. Seeing Tanjirou didn't kneel, Sanemi hurriedly grabbed Tanjirou clothes and slammed him down to the ground.

Tanjirou want to curse Sanemi, but he feel shocked when he saw every pillar have kneeled. This person must be someone very important in demon hunter. However, Tanjirou see there is one person who is not kneeling, it's Naoto, he keeps standing and look at Kagaya indifferently.

Kagaya greeted them, his voice is as gentle and as kind as Naoto ever remembered.

"Good morning everybody, we have really nice weather today, is the sky blue?"

Sanemi greeted back on the behalf of every pillar.

"We find it most honorable to in front of your presence oyakata-sama, we eagerly pray for much happiness upon you."

"Thank you Sanemi."

Kanroji feel disappointed, she wants to be the first one to greet Kagaya.

"Let me humbly say, there are three things we want to talk about. First, there is a soldier present in the pillar meeting by the name Kamado Tanjirou who has bought a demon. Second, Tomioka Giyuu is protecting a demon and have been keeping it as a secret. And the third, the fugitive, cloud pillar Karasuma Naoto have returned."

Sanemi said with politely and full of respect, it confuses Tanjirou more. The other pillar feel pissed that Naoto didn't kneel when Kagaya is present.

"Bastard, how many times do you want to disrespect Oyakata-sama?"

"Karasuma, in all these years you haven't changed at all..."

"Stop being rude."

Tengen, Gyomei, and Obanai said unhappily.

Kagaya raised his hand, signaling everyone to stay quiet.

"I don't mind it, he only acts the same way as he did, there is nothing wrong with that. Naoto, welcome back. I heard the upper moon manage to escape, it's a shame. But I just feel happy that you can come back safely, from everyone voice you look healthy as ever."

Naoto didn't say anything back immediately, he keeps staring at Kagaya and everyone is looking at Naoto, waiting for him to say something back. After five seconds of silence, Naoto suddenly open his mouth.

"Back then... why did you send Kanae and Shinobu on that mission?"

Shinobu heart trembled, she didn't expect Naoto to say that. But she keeps her face as calm as possible.

"Because they are the only one I can depend at the time."

"Did you know that an upper moon going to show up?"

"There is a small chance."

Naoto feels his stomach become hot, he gritted his teeth and said in anger.

"Y-you know!? And despite knowing that, you still send them!? You send Kanae to her own death!? Why don't you just send me!?"

Naoto walks toward where Kagaya sits in a long stride. Everyone feels shocked, they didn't expect Naoto to explode in anger. Tanjirou also feel dumbfounded, because the Naoto he knew is kind, gentle, and caring. This is the first time he ever saw Naoto this mad.

Sanemi stood up and grabbed Naoto's shoulder with a lot of force to stop him.

"Stupid! What do you think you are doing!?"

Without looking at Sanemi, Naoto swing the back of his fist into Sanemi face. Sanemi falls back to the ground and his nose starts bleeding again. He gnashed his teeth in anger.