Chapter 57 - Three Pillars

High noon, outside the town, Naoto was preparing to go to the harbor, but when he just about to fetch Kiki, his horse, he meet someone familiar. Three of them in fact. The man in the middle has a long scar on his forehead, all of his eyes are white in color, indicating he is blind. The man on the right, have long yellow hair, for some reason he keeps smiling. The man with white hair on the left got a lot of scars on his face, he didn't look happy at all.

Naoto slightly smiled and speak in a monotone voice.

"Himejima-san, Rengoku, Sanemi. What are the three of you doing here?"

"That should be what we asked you Naoto you shithead, what are you doing leaving the demon hunter without any notice and go around killing people?"

Sanemi said to Naoto in low angered tone, but Naoto only replies indifferently.

"They are trash of society, they need to be eradicated. It's not like I'm leaving the demon hunter, I just followed the upper moon demon who killed Kanae. All that trash just happened to be in my way so I cleaned all of them. I wouldn't go as far as calling them human."

Now it's Kyojurou turn to talk.

"Karasuma, our job is to slay a demon, not human. I understand your anger. But, what you are doing right now is no different than the demon."

Naoto scoffed hearing Kyojurou word.

"Hmph, you know? I will pretend I didn't hear that. Naive, naive like usual. That is called naivety Rengoku, sometimes human are even scarier than demon, people like that should be destroyed at all cost. Or the character behind our uniform is just for show? They are evil Rengoku. But don't worry, I didn't use anything related to demon hunting, I just use a knife I buy beforehand, I can't let my demon-killing weapon given by my master got tainted by human blood after all, even though they are evil."

Kyojurou is still smiling, but there is a little frown in his expression. What Naoto said is not wrong, so he can't find any word to rebut back.

"Cloud pillar Karasuma Naoto..."

Gyomei who has been quiet all this time suddenly spoke. Naoto shifts his gaze at Gyomei, his voice is calm like still water.

"We have been ordered by oyakata-sama to bring you back. You can say what you want after you come back."

"Hoho...? Ubuyashiki did? He must attach great importance to me that he sends three pillars. Let me guess if I don't comply you will bring me by force or something along those lines?"

"Yes, we have been given permission to use force if we have to, and I will appreciate it if you don't force us to do so."

"I'm sorry Himejima-san, after a day I finally found the clue of my target and I don't wish him to escape. So I also will appreciate if the three of you didn't obstruct my way."

Sanemi shouted in frustration.

"You stupid!! This is an order from oyakata-sama, do you want to disobey him?! Oyakata-sama already let you do as much as you please, but this time you have gone overboard."

"There is no use talking to him Sanemi."

Gyomei word made Sanemi shut his mouth.

"We have no choice then Karasuma. Prepare yourself, even if we need to break some of your bones, we will bring you back."

The three of them hold their weapons and take a battle stance.

"I see... so even the three of you want to stand in my way"

Naoto eyes widen, suddenly a steel spike appeared in front of him, he immediately twists his body and the steel spike hit the thin air. It followed by a chained axe flying from his side, Naoto hurriedly ducked to avoid the chained axe and quickly take a longer distance from Gyomei.