Chapter 25 - Mission with Shinobu part 1

Dark clouds slowly fill the sky, making the bright day look gloomy. Strong wind made the leaves from the trees fall at a faster rate. The window and door started rattling from the gust of wind. Outside, in the garden, a boy and girl in black uniforms are planting a seedling. 

Strong gust of wind suddenly knock a pot of flower down, breaking it into pieces. Trees started swaying in a weird direction as if it got pulled by the wind. Naoto looks up at the dark cloudy sky. Deep frown is plastered on his forehead. Shinobu also looks very worried.

"A typhoon?"

"Looks like it. It comes out of nowhere."

"This is the end of the autumn season, and winter almost starts. To think there will be a typhoon at the end of season."

"No one can predict nature, we need to protect the window. It's made from paper so I'm very worried that it will get ripped from this strong wind."

From the veranda, Kanae appeared with concerned face.

"Nao, the wind-"

Because the wind is too strong, Naoto needs to squint his eyes. He feels this strong wind can make his eyes dry up.

"I know, I'm going to put something to protect the window right now. Wait inside with Kanao, and make sure every window and door closed."

"Understood." 

Kanae nodded and head back inside. 

"Do you need my help?"

"Yes, wait here. I will get the sheet and toolbox first."

As Naoto went to retrieve the necessary equipment, drizzle starts to fall down. Naoto put a tarp sheet on the window and start hammering it while Shinobu hold the sheet. Luckily most of this house is made from wood, so they can instantly hammer the nail into the window frame.

When the rain started pouring down harder, they finally done making protection for every window and door. There is still one more window on the rooftop that lead to the attic, Naoto climbed the ladder to put the tarp there. 

"Nao! Do you still need my help??"

Shinobu shout from below, the wind is very strong and it makes really hard to communicate. Naoto shout back while hammering the plywood to the window.

"No need! I'm almost done! You go back first Shinobu!"

"Okay!" 

Shinobu goes back into the house, leaving Naoto alone in the rooftop. It didn't take a minute for Naoto to install the tarp sheet. After installing the barricade, Naoto jumped to the ground and leave the ladder as the rain starts falling down heavily.

In the genkan, Naoto is drenched from the rain. Kanae and Shinobu already wait for him there, Kanao give a towel to him clumsily. Naoto receives it happily and starts wiping his wet body.

"Thank you Kanao~, hehehe~, Kanao is so cute and kind."

Seeing Naoto drenched clothes, Kanae look worried.

"Hurry and take a bath, you will catch a cold at this rate."

"You worry too much, I live in eternal icy mountain for three years. This kind of small rain won't- Achoo!"

Shinobu throws a clean yukata right into Naoto's face.

"Stop acting tough, go take a bath now. Rain is different from snow, the cold can directly penetrate through your body and bone. We already heat the water up."

"Yes, yes."

Naoto grab the yukata Shinobu just throw it to him and went to take a bath. After taking a bath, Naoto can feel his body warmed up. He goes to the living room to relax. Kanae, Kanao, and Shinobu also there sitting inside a kotatsu.