Prologue

This chapter is a recap from the last scene in season 1
Enjoy reading!!!

𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐠'𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐕 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐳 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬/𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐕 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥.

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐲, 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐋, 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘. 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐓 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒/𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒. "11 𝐂𝐇𝐔 𝐓𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐔𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐄𝐈" 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀.

Thank you and hope you got my point coz I am reading some negative comments in Princess Agents groups that it was the author who made the changes of the story.

PS: Happy 1M reads... thank you all for the support 😘💛

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A thunderous boom of the ballista echoed from behind. She pivoted her head, only to meet the angry eyes of Yan Xun. His hand hovered in front of his chest menacingly, like a glaring saber ready to draw blood, ready to swing down at any time to signal the firing of the arrows.

Chu Qiao was awash with fear. It overwhelmed her entire being, and her previous notions of pride, self-worth, and dignity were thrown out the window. She collapsed to the floor in a flurry of kowtows, and soon her forehead seeped red as her tender skin gave way to flesh and bone. Tears flowing and arms flapping, she pleaded aloud, "No! Please, Yan Xun, no..."

Yan Xun peered at her forlorn figure with an aching heart. This woman was the only person who stayed by his side in when he was desperate and had nothing. She stayed through those eight years of agony with him in the jails of the Imperial Royal Capital. He once swore to provide for her; to protect her; but alas he was the oath breaker. He was the one who broke all these promises made to her. A faint smile touched his lips. That expression wasn't too dissimilar to the one on his face all those years ago, when she came back to find him at his desk, writing. His face flickered with the same warmth under the candlelight in those days.

AhChu, I never actually changed. It's just that you never knew what I truly wanted. Today will be the day that I will share with you my beliefs, my ambitions, and my everything. One by one.

"Fire!" The world descended into a muted silence, and the wind died down. The only discernible sound was the buzzing of a diminutive fly, seemingly the only living creature not trapped in this hateful conflict.