Chapter 36

Be ready for your tissues or handkerchief... This chapter is quite long 😊😊😊
Enjoy...
*******

After combing his hair, he turned around, and while grinning from ear to ear, asked, "How do I look?" His eyes were dark and hollow, as the moonlight illuminated his face with a thin veil of whiteness. He seemed ever so handsome with his long and narrow eyes and tall nose, along with his porcelain-like face. He exuded the aura of royalty, yet a glimpse of death spread from within the center of his eyes, as his complexion turned an unnatural white, like white jade covered with dust.

Chu Qiao forced a smile. "You are exceedingly handsome."

Xiao Ce frowned and asked, "Are you praising me?"

Seeing Chu Qiao nod, he then smiled happily, like how he had when he first met her.

"Xiao Ce," Chu Qiao tried to suppress the sadness in her heart as she asked softly, "do you have any wishes in your heart?"

"Wishes?" Xiao Ce frowned and thought for a while before lightly laughing, "I have none." His breath suddenly started to grow light and hurried. Stretching out at her, Xiao Ce lightly asked, "Qiaoqiao, let me hug you."

The wind outside suddenly got stronger and blew open the small window. The moon colored the huge hall a milky white, and the surroundings were all polished; white like snow. Wind blew from the Tai Qing pond from afar, bringing with it a waft of a lotus aroma. Chu Qiao's throat seemed to have been bitten by someone and hurt significantly. Kneeling on the ground, she leaned into his bosom, as tears rolled down her face, wetting his clothes. The breathing on the top of her head gradually vanished, like the sakura blossom that had fallen, without any sound left. With the moon shining from the side, it was as though time had reversed, as the attractive man in crimson clothes, with his jet black hair, landed behind her, asking her, "Are you not stopping?"

Time was like a dream, and as the grandiosity faded away, only a vast emptiness was left.

Chu Qiao's eyes were like a piece of amber that shimmered alone, glimmering with a dying light. With her hollow eyes, she sat up and look over. He merely sat there silently with his head slanted as though he had sunk into a deep dream.

The fragments of memories started to fall apart, as the man who had been covered with a facade of royalty and wealth had shed his disguise layer by layer. Whether it the beautiful women he had courted, or the luxuries he had enjoyed, all but loneliness had vanished like the dying lights of a setting sun, dissolving into the darkness of the night.

The doors to the room suddenly opened, and the pale moonlight illuminated her figure. One could see a crowd of officials and ladies kneeling in the distance.

Sun Di stared at her, with a question in his trembling eyes. She stared back at him, completely without a soul in her eyes, and her entire body felt numb. Ultimately, she still slowly nodded.

"The Emperor has passed on--"

//😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭//

A cacophony of crying pierced the skies and rocked the palace. The horns of grieving pierced through the night fog.

Lifting up her head, Chu Qiao's thin clothes fluttered in the wind. In the empty sky, she seemed to see a clean face with a pair of long eyes smiling slyly at her like a fox.

A servant rushed over from an alleyway and quietly reported to Sun Di. They were too far, but the wind still blew traces of their words into Chu Qiao's ears.

"When the grieving horns sounded... Smashed head onto a table corner... Full of blood, can't be saved... Ultimately...is the mother to the emperor...."