Chapter 48

"Yuwen Yue!" Chu Qiao pushed him angrily, "You are bullying me!" He then proceeded to hug her. So suddenly and with such strength, the blanket and towel on her head were completely pushed aside by the sudden momentum. He twisted her face and kissed her with all his strength, and completely held her down, as though he wanted to merge their bodies together. With deep breathing, his hands held her waist, as their touching bodies seemed to be able to feel each other's heart beating with vigor.

Once, twice, thrice....

"Chu Qiao." Looking at her, he suddenly called her name. In his eyes, there seemed to be an inferno. Without blinking, he firmly declared, "Marry me."

Chu Qiao was stunned. As the flames shone on his face from one side, one could only see half of his face, with the other half hidden in the shadows, looking almost like a dream. She felt like she was hallucinating, and was rather lost as to what to do. Opening her mouth, no sound came out as she did not know how to reply.

"Xing'er," Looking at her quietly, he continued.

She was already rather dazed, as she replied, "Yes?"

"I love you."

(((😍🤗😵😱😱😱)))

As he dropped the bombshell, Chu Qiao felt as though her entire face was burning up, with her body temperature rising rapidly, along with her mind which was quickly freezing up. Looking at him in a daze, there was a sense of happiness rising in her heart, along with confusion. Chu Qiao cupped her chest with her hands, as though if she did not hold her heart down, it would jump out and escape.

"I have loved you for a very long time. Did you know?" he asked her casually as though they were discussing something else that was irrelevant to them, without a single tinge of hurriedness.

Chu Qiao nodded, "I know."

"What about you?" His eyes seemed so clear that focused that Chu Qiao felt as though she was about to suffocate.

After gathering her courage, Chu Qiao replied softly, "It is the same for me."

Yet he refused to accept such a vague answer, and pestered her while smiling, "What is the same?"

Suddenly, Chu Qiao felt that the boat was too small. Why was the room so small, so hot that she could barely breathe now?

"Speak." He leaned over and lifted her chin deftly. "What is the same for you?"

"I also..." Chu Qiao gripped her fist in resolve, as countless scenes flashed past her mind. "I also love you."

I also love you...

Her voice was rather soft, yet it pierced through the night and lighted up his face. He lightly kissed on her forehead and asked, "When did that start?"

When? She did not know. Perhaps it was from their reunion at Sunset Mountains. Perhaps it was that moment when they met each other at the lantern festival in Xian Yang. Perhaps it was when she heard the voice from the icy lake, telling her to live on.

Or perhaps, it was long ago, from that hug in the Imperial Tomb in Mei Mountain, or the chance encounter in Wupeng City, along with their cooperation and fighting together. Perhaps, it was when he saved her from Yuan Chun'er's pursuit.