Chapter 51

Sorry for the long wait...
Please enjoy reading...

********
Chu Qiao walked with him to the door. The winds were slightly strong as they blew at her white cloak. As she watched Yuwen Yue disappear in the darkness, she leaned on the door as she broke into a smile. Actually, Zhen Huang did not seem as scary as she had thought.

From afar, Jingjing’s and Pingan’s voices could be heard as they broke out in laughter. Chu Qiao could not help but smile as well, as she appreciated this moment. After she had dinner, she showered with the help of her maidservants.

Meixiang and the rest had been exhausted from the journey. As Rong’er needed someone to be by his side, Meixiang and two other nannies attended to him. The servants who were not aware of his identity thought that he was the son of Yuwen Yue and Chu Qiao. Hence, they treated him with extra care.

The shower room in Yuwen Yue’s house was big and made entirely of white jade, with hundreds of pearls embedded into the walls. With one candle, the room was able to be brightly lit. The water came from the underground hot springs in the Cang Mountains and contained elements of dewdrops and medicinal herbs, giving off a pleasant fragrance. Large roses were placed at the bottom of the pool, in order to prevent anyone from slipping. This was an extravagant sight.

Huan’er had mentioned that when the emperor gifted Yuwen Yue this mansion, Yuwen Yue had personally inspected it beforehand. After he was done, he had said, “After he dies, this place can fetch a good price.”

Chu Qiao smiled gently as she thought to herself Looks like you’re really a bloodsucker. After she was done with her shower, she put on a white outfit and made her way back to her room barefooted.

Huan’er was initially reserved at the start. However, when she saw that Chu Qiao was an amiable person, she started to open up and call her by her name, Xing’er. She told her about Yuwen Yue’s life these few years repeatedly, only mentioning the good things. She seemed to convey this message to Chu Qiao: Xing’er, luckily you knew how to turn back to our Young Master. That was a wise decision. Everyone will be jealous of you.

Chu Qiao smiled as she listened to Huan’er’s stories, about how Yuwen Yue did not involve himself with other women these few years, how he had broken other women’s hearts. She listened to the stories of how Yuwen Yue missed her every day, how happy he was whenever he heard news about her, how he could not fall asleep at night and drank more soup as a result. She also listened to the stories about how Yuwen Yue spent the past few years in a pathetic state, how he was trampled upon by others, how he was ravaged by sickness, and how he was treated by his family…

Slowly, the maidservant started to cry as she continued to say more good things about Yuwen Yue. “Xing’er, don’t leave Young Master anymore. He really loves you.”

The scent of a fine incense drifted around the room. Chu Qiao sat on a soft mat as she took a trip down memory lane, listening to numerous stories about what had happened in the past. Even a maidservant was aware of the love he had towards her. Only she required so many years to realize this fact.

A servant knocked on the door, saying that General Yue Qi’s wife had come to visit her. Huan’er jumped out and ran outside immediately. In a short while, a beautiful lady walked in, dressed in a plain but classy yellow dress, holding the hand of a ten-year-old child. She had two dimples on her face when she smiled. As she saw Chu Qiao, she wanted to kneel down and greet her.

Chu Qiao stopped her as she laughed and said, “I didn’t think that Yue Qi was so lucky. His wife is so pretty.”

Xiaofei smiled as she revealed two teeth. She said to the child, “Mo’er, call her Mother.”