Chapter 17:

Hello to all XingYue fans 👋👋
**********

REUNITED AGAIN

Chu Qiao, obviously unaware of his intentions, sat up, rubbed her eyes, and swept the loose strands of hair by her ear to the side. Although she felt a little embarrassed, she said in a firm voice, "What are you doing here?" As she spoke, the house fell into a short silence. Chu Qiao knew that she had said something wrong, and did not say another word. Both of them seemed to not know how to adapt to the shift in their relationship. They did not know how to talk to each other.

The moonlight was bright outside the window as it shone onto the ground, appearing like a layer of frost.

"What are you doing in Xianyang?" Yuwen Yue asked the question suddenly. Chu Qiao was stunned as she felt a sense of panic surge from within. She had rarely felt anything that made her panic all these years. Even when faced with the terrifying Xia army, she was able to remain calm. Only towards him did her sense of calmness seem to evaporate; her heart constantly felt uneasy.

"I..." Chu Qiao coughed and pretended to remain calm. "I'm here to run some errands." 😃😃😃

"Is it done yet?"

"Al-almost."

"When are you leaving?"

Chu Qiao had no choice but to continue the conversation, "In one or two days."

"In one or two days? Is it tomorrow or the day after?"

Chu Qiao felt slightly angered and replied in a cross voice, "Tomorrow."

"Oh," Yuwen Yue nodded as he sat by the table, pouring a cup of tea for himself. He did not drink it, as he shook the cup lightly in his hand.

(( Me: Yuwen Yue, I want to hit you right now 👊👊👊, you're so rude 🙄)))

Chu Qiao raised her eyebrows and questioned him, "What about you?"

"Me? What about me?"

"What are you doing here in Xianyang? When are you leaving?"

Yuwen Yue smiled plainly. In the two years that they had not met, he felt that she had become more eloquent and cunning. He remained emotionless and nodded as he said, "I'm here for a vacation. I'm staying here for a while more."

As he finished his words, he stood up to leave. As he walked out, he added, "Since you're leaving tomorrow, I won't disturb you anymore. Have a good rest."

"Hey!" Chu Qiao stood up and shouted after him, subconsciously uttering, "Stop there."

Yuwen Yue turned around and replied calmly, "Anything else's the matter?"

He must be doing this on purpose! Chu Qiao stared at him as she thought. After a long while, she lowered her head and whispered, "Actually, I'm not in a rush to leave too."

Seemingly afraid that Yuwen Yue would get the wrong idea, she added hurriedly, "I have nothing to do when I get back anyway."

"Oh," Yuwen Yue nodded. He handed a bag by his side to her. With a smile on his face, he remarked, "Wash up quickly. It's the Ghost Festival today. It's even more crowded than yesterday."