Chapter 87

Trying to finished all the remaining chapter today... will be busy again...
Before all, greetings!!!
thanks all of you my readers, thank you for waiting my updates patiently... We are now close to the ending...

🌱🌱🌱🌷🌷🌷🌱🌱🌱🌺🌺🌺🌾🌾🌾

After hearing the news that Yuan Shilan had passed, Nalan Hongye remained silent for a long while. Wen Yuan left the room, along with her servants.

She recalled the last time she saw the cold lady. Her face was bandaged. Even if her wounds were not visible, it was easy to imagine how badly her face had been disfigured through the bloodstains on the bandage.

She looked at Nalan Hongye calmly and said, "Even if it's not me, it won't be you."

Nalan smiled plainly. Given her status, it was inadequate of her to visit a concubine who had been alienated. However, she still visited her in the end. This instant, faced with her disparaging remarks, she did not react much. She looked at her quietly and blurted out a sentence which she had hidden for a long time, "Even if it's not you, you don't need to do this. Don't you know that the entire palace has been waiting for this day?"

"Who has time to fight with them?" Yuan Shilan laughed coldly as she managed a terrifying smile. "I don't want to waste time waiting for a man who doesn't love me."

Nalan Hongye continued, "What about Your Majesty? Do you feel nothing towards him?"

Yuan Shilan, with a ferocious expression on her face, answered in a low voice, "I don't want anything that's not mine."

In Dongnan Palace, Nalan Hongye leaned on her chair and smiled.

Was that really true? Did she feel nothing towards him? If that was really the case, why would she disfigure herself over a person she did not care about? Why would she lament her fate, in the face of loneliness? Why would she want to die then?

Ultimately, she was young, naive and willful. It was only because of these reasons that she could act in this manner. She had not thought of how her family would suffer if she killed herself just like that.

The back palace was a terrifying place. It caused people to lose their minds, including the young lady who disfigured herself by slashing her face time and again, then committing suicide thereafter.

She thought that her death would cause him to reproach himself out of guilt and remember her forever. However, she did not realize that it would just create a small, temporary ripple. The topic would be brought up casually when the concubines had meals with each other, and nothing thereafter.

This palace had no shortage of souls that had lost their lives in vain. With the passage of time, through months and years, who would remember her?

"How stupid!" Nalan Hongye sighed lightly. With her status, she could have enjoyed a life of luxury. Alas, she did not have the brains nor the tolerance.

"Madam?" Wen Yuan stood by the door and called out, holding a bowl of medicine in her hands.

Nalan Hongye gestured casually for her to come in, taking the bowl of medicine from her. Although the medicine was very bitter, she did not even flinch as she swallowed it mouthful by mouthful.

Wen Yuan watched on as she looked at another small bowl with sugar in it. She wanted to say something but did not.

"These are my instructions. Concubine Yuan was virtuous, generous, and kind. Having passed away of severe illness, she is to be promoted to a sixth-level concubine and buried in the mausoleum in the west. Her family is to be bestowed with 1,000 taels of gold, while her brother is to be promoted to an official."