Chapter 56

Sorry for the long wait...

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

“Fine,” a deep voice said, as Yuan Song did not have much choice but to let her be. “AhJiang, move out.”

AhJiang was rather stunned, as Xiaoba walked up and knocked her head while chiding, “Quickly move out! Are you waiting for our master to change his mind and chase me away?”

AhJiang earnestly smiled, as he raised his whip and whipped the horse. The carriage started to advance slowly in the morning sun that lit the world up a golden yellow.

After exiting Zhen Huang City, he would no longer be an aristocrat, and she would no longer be the famous dancer in the capital. They were thankful that the world gave them the chance to begin anew.

In the dense forest, a lady dressed in dull green appeared on her horse, with He Xiao looking on from behind. A few teams of guards on patrol walked past, but she seemed as though she had not seen them, as she stared at the carriage that was quickly distancing away from her, remaining silent.

Farewell, friend.

Farewell, sister.

Farewell, the two persons that she had been deeply indebted to in her life.

As the sun rose higher into the sky, the northern winds continued to rage on. Chu Qiao gathered her thoughts and lifted her head up, reminding herself once again that this was Wei. This land was filled with the smell of Wei, the wind of Wei, and the Wei history, and her friends. Those who were supposed to leave had already left, and the remaining ones must be prepared to face the future here. Regardless of difficulty and disaster, they all had their own responsibilities and had people that they were waiting for or protecting.

She turned around and looked at the majesty city walls that could be seen from afar. There were countless palaces and buildings, and seemingly endless plots and traps. She had once hated everything about here, yet now she had willingly entered this large prison. Just like how her sister had willingly continued being a servant, these were all choices that she had made. This was her own personal battle, but she was not alone, because in that huge majestic prison there was one more person waiting for her.

After all, things were completely different, and just like life and death, it was impossible to reverse to the past.

“Giddyup!” Chu Qiao coldly bellowed as she raced back on her horse, with the cold winds slicing past her ears. It was as though everything turned to dust, disappearing into the past.

Within the blink of an eye, it was already the turn of the year. Even though this was not a particularly joyous year, Zhen Huang City had put up a jubilant display as usual. There was still half a month to the Spring festival, but the imperial palace loosened up the curfews at night, and with approval from the Elder’s Council, the tax on the businessmen was reduced to encourage trade. In addition, in the Emperor’s name, they started to summon some of the officials who had performed well in the past year back to the Capital for awards and recognition.

Just so simple, in merely three days, Zhen Huang City had been restored to its old prosperous self. Partially manipulated by the officials, the new year ceremony this year was particularly grandiose, as various wealthy families started to enter the capital. Within Zhen Huang City, decorations had already been set up, with performances held often. Regardless of how much of a mess the world was in at that moment, or how urgent the war was at the borders, the people in the capital were still captivated by the scene before their eyes.