Chapter 15

Expect some differences between the drama series and this novel coz the series has lot more changes...
Enjoy reading...
Hello to my bff in stupidity LeireenMolina 😊😃

It had been four months. It was enough.

He smiled slightly, taking up his flute to play a joyful farewell song for her. The tune was clear and echoed across the extravagant palace, following her shadow as it stepped out of the rows of palace doors, over the golden door sills, the tall corridors, the red palace walls, and finally into the vast lands.

The Liang Empire had helped him out as he was rejected by his family, almost ruining the bright future he had ahead of him. Since the battle at Yuegong, he had defied all odds to live. He had been driven to desperation, to the extremes where he had nearly lost his life. He had been despised and shunned by his family and country, turning into a public enemy and being spit on thousands of civilians. Even if he died, he was not able to enter the ancestral records of his family. He became the number one rebel of the royal capital. As he rose from the ashes of the dead, he single-handedly rebuilt his reputation as he came to be known as the King of Qinghai, taking West Meng by storm. The time had not come, but he used his troops to carry out an assault in the east, providing a lifeline for her.

The Xia Empire coveted the Tang Empire; Yan Bei dispatched troops towards the east in order to avenge the theft of the emperor’s wife. They were willing to give up their empire, which they had painstakingly built, in order to return to the land of their ex-tormentors in chief. They used their million troops as a wager, managing to achieve some of their wishes.

Yuwen Yue, I thought that I was the craziest person alive. However, when I compared to you, I am insignificant. Xiao Ce mocked himself in his thoughts. How could he compete with a lunatic?

We have all been assigned to wander on a predetermined path by the heavens. I cannot break free, and neither can Yan Xun. Only you are brave enough to break free repeatedly and jump into the whirlpool again. Ultimately, I lose out to you, and I accept this defeat with grace.

The tune was lively and fast, appearing comical as compared to the officials bawling their eyes out below.

Sun Di stood on the steps of the palace and gazed towards that defiant shadow. As the joyous tune permeated his ears, he felt a sense of loneliness instead. The paths of the palace were long and cold, as it was surrounded by tall palace walls on both sides. The fragrance outside was faintly detectable.

On such a bright, warm day, the ripples emerged from within his heart, slicing through the lonely fog in his heart and sweeping up the thin layers of dust in the lonely palace. He had always been like this, viewing the happenings of the world through the slightly drunken look in his eyes.

As night fell, the officials had cried their throats hoarse. Some of the elderly ones were stricken with illness, and had been taken away in stretchers.

An extravagant layer of lights blanketed the entire Jinwu Palace as it seeped through the thousands of doors. His memories were blurry. Just like a thin thread that had dislodged itself from a piece of cloth, a slight jolt was sufficient was able to cause the piece of cloth to disintegrate.

Xiao Ce walked down the steps of the ladder as the officials crawled towards him, crying for him to mind his health and not to fool around. “All of you are indeed loyal to me. I have sorted my thoughts out. Please rise quickly,” he said.