Chapter 24

Deng Lun as Prince Xiao Ce later Emperor Xiao Ce in the media....

*********

There was someone carefully knocking on the door. Yue Qi said, “Master, the Master knows that you are back, and the palace has also sent men to inform you to enter.”

Picking up a coat, Yuan Che donned a giant robe, and with a giant black hat, one could barely see his face. Quietly, he said, “It is time for me to leave. You should take care.”

“You too. Leave from the secret passage. Be careful.”

The two men nodded. Yuan Che pulled open the door, and with Huan’er and a few others, he walked into the heavy snow outside.

“Master.” Yue Qi walked in only to see Yuwen Yue standing in the room with his lanky figure standing upright, along with a face that seemed ever so glum. One could not tell what he was thinking.

The feeling of having a true friend was really so good.

Yuwen Yue was not very socially active, and even among his family and siblings, he did not have a particularly good relationship with any of them. Yet, with the security of Zhen Huang City, Yuan Che still took the risk to meet him. This was a deed that really touched his heart.

“Master? It is about time,” Yue Qi reminded.

Yuwen Yue flashed a carefree smile, before ordering, “Prepare the carriage.”

Yue Qi was taken aback. “Where do you intend to head to?”

“To court.”

“To court?” Yue Qi was still stunned. “Doesn’t Master need to shower and change? In the first place, you are the grand marshal. A general must not report to the court in a carriage, and needs to ride a horse.”

Yuwen Yue lowered his head, and a cold, sharp gaze shone from within his eyes. Without giving it much heed, he coldly explained, “I am not only the grand marshal of the Wei Empire, I am also the King of Qinghai who commands over 500,000 soldiers. As for the latter point, I am afraid they have already forgotten.”

The sun pierced through the layers of clouds in the sky. Yuwen Yue strode out from his room, as Fang Chu put a dull gold cape onto Yuwen Yue’s shoulders. The 18 doors of the Yuwen Residence opened at once. Light seemed to shine out from behind as Yuwen Yue revealed his immaculate face. His lips were crimson red, with his back completely upright. Coldly, with big steps, he walked out. As he walked out, a swarm of officials crowded over, only to be blocked by the Yue Guards one meter away from him. Without looking to the side, Yuwen Yue boarded the majestic carriage pulled by eight horses, and dictated, “Set off.”

“Where does Master wish to head to?” the chauffeur questioned.

Fang Chu was equally emotionless as he calmly answered on Yuwen Yue’s behalf, “Sheng Jin Palace.”

Even with the cold wind seeping into the carriage, Yuwen Yue’s face remained calm as he slowly settled himself on the soft chair in the carriage. He had never lacked the ability to stir up a fuss. Since that was the case, he would make the situation even more confusing, such that none could possibly take away anything from this situation, and nobody would be able to stay out of this mess.