Chapter 47

FUNNY MOMENTS

Chu Qiao, as if she did not see anything, patted the child’s head and said, “I’m going to sing a song for you. Listen up.

“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.

“You make me happy when skies are grey.

“You’ll never know how much I love you.

“Please don’t take my sunshine away.”

Her gentle voice was like a hypnotic incense as it drifted in the air. The lights in the room gave off a feeling of warmth. The woman dressed in white squatted on the ground, her hair hung over her shoulder. The child was placed in a black wooden basin.

The woman was very emotionally invested in her song, but the child did not seem to pay attention to her. They grabbed at each other’s limbs, as the child in the basin tried to break free while the woman outside was trying to restrain him. Despite this, she managed to keep the tone of her song gentle. No one understood what she was singing as her voice started to sound like Rong’er. Their words were bizarre, but through her gentle voice, the emotions in her songs could be felt. She seemed like a caring mother, but resembled more of a devoted lover.

Thud! The basin fell to the ground. Rong’er crawled out of the basin, naked, as he laughed. He squinted his eyes, causing his to appear much like his father.

The room was a mess. Chu Qiao’s clothes had been drenched. She looked at the child in a daze, as she was reminded of Xiao Ce. She opened her eyes wide and said angrily, “You’re gone, yet you left this calamity for me.”

Rong’er chuckled as he crawled towards the outside of the door, pinching his buttcheeks. Chu Qiao was about to hold him back, but she noticed the man standing by the door. He had seemingly been standing there for a long time. The lights from the corridor shone on his handsome face. He had a deep look in his eyes, while his skin was fair. However, he did not appear as a weakly scholar, but more of an aristocrat. He leaned by the side of the door and looked at her with interest. His expression was lazy; he did not smile, yet his eyes signalled his pleasure.

At that instant, she was stunned. Perhaps, she had been bewitched by a handsome guy.

Rong’er crawled to the door as he continued to pinch his butt. As he saw the unwelcome guest in front of him, he looked up and prepared to scream. However, he subconsciously realized that his height did not even exceed the opposition’s boots. Hence, he chose to remain silent.

He sat there and thought to himself for a while. He looked back at Chu Qiao, then at Yuwen Yue, and then at the crib beside the bed. Finally, after seemingly engaging in an internal conflict in his heart, he sighed and tugged at Yuwen Yue’s sleeve. Yuwen Yue lowered his head and looked at him, realizing that he was pointing at a bunch of small swords, carved out of jade, hanging by his waist. This accessory was specially put on by Yuwen Yue himself to go with his clothes. It appeared shiny and bright under the lights. Yuwen Yue unfastened it and handed it over to the child.

Rong’er put it in his mouth and bit it twice, but was unable to taste anything. He held the object tightly in his hands and crawled out of the door. The chubby kid crawled over to the room beside Chu Qiao’s and sat on the ground, using his legs to kick the door.

Meixiang opened the door sleepily. Upon seeing him, she squealed in delight and carried the child in her arms. She walked out and looked towards Chu Qiao’s room and saw Yuwen Yue. She blushed in joy and nodded at Yuwen Yue, before retreating back to her room with the child. The troublesome fellow was out of the picture.

Yuwen Yue thought to himself, Although this lad is troublesome, he’s as skilled as his dad when it comes to these types of things. He closed the doors of Chu Qiao’s room and walked to her. He looked down on her and reached out his hand. “Still not getting up?”