Chapter 6 : Farewell

The two army quickly intersected. The Huoyun Army that had already been routed was quickly surrounded by the Xiuli Army. Even from afar Chu Qiao could instantly recognize the crimson warhorse that belonged to Huanhuan. Quickly, Chu Qiao rushed over on her horse, only to be utterly stunned by what she had seen. Huanhuan’s clothes were tattered, and her crimson cape was drenched in blood. There was an arrow lodged deeply in her chest, clearly having already pierced her lungs, along with multiple wounds on her body. With weak breath, she was being carried by a female general who seemed to be in her thirties.

“What happened?” Chu Qiao jumped off her horse and knelt in the mud. Frowning, she stared at the severe injuries Huanhuan had sustained, before shouting, “Medic! Where is the medic?”

“Master Chu!” Upon seeing her, the female general started crying and explained, “His Majesty wants to kill our Princess. General Xiaohe was killed in combat, and our princess was also ambushed…”

“Xiaohe…” a weak voice sounded. Following the movements of her lungs, a mouthful of blood was vomited out from Huanhuan’s mouth. Seeing that, the female general lost her composure and quickly tried to apply pressure on Huanhuan’s wounds to stop the bleeding. Yet, the blood could no longer be stopped.

“Xiaohe…” Huanhuan frowned in pain, her face looked ever so pale. She was apparently already in a state of confusion. She seemed to have entered a dream. Xiaohe’s carefree laughter flashed before her eyes, and she was once again reminded of the day when she was being carried by Xiaohe on the vast snowy plains. Even in that situation, Xiaohe did not stop telling her jokes, and kept on comforting her, “Huanhuan, you will not die, you will not die. I will bite whoever dares to try to kill you.”

“Xiaohe, Xiaohe…” Tears flowed out from Huanhuan’s bloody eyes. Along with her heavy breathing, blood flowed out like a fountain. Even in her semi-conscious state, she was crying. Xiaohe was dead; he had been killed by that man!

“Princess! Princess!” The female general held Huanhuan in her arms and cried along, as though she was a pup that had just lost her mother.

“Huanhuan, what should we do after the war ends?”

“After the war ends? By then, my brother will be the Emperor, then I will be the Princess! I can pick my husband from the entire world! I will find the most talented man to be my husband! Haha!”

“So dumb! Fine, you ungrateful girl, go look for your man!”

A sharp pain assaulted her, as though her heart had been clenched by someone. As the blood blocked her air passage; she would only vomit more blood when she opened her mouth. In a daze, she opened her eyes and looked around in confusion. Seeing the vast sky, the crimson flowers, and the pristine white eagle soaring in the sky.

Yan Bei, Yan Bei…I gave my entire life for you, but why have you abandoned me so?

In her confusion, the young girl frowned and slowly turned around before she finally noticed Chu Qiao. Her face changed, and with all her strength, she stretched out as though she wanted to grab hold of something. Trying to suppress her tears, Chu Qiao quickly grabbed her hand, and while holding back her tears, Chu Qiao comforted her, “Huanhuan, hang in there. The doctor will save you.”

Huanhuan grabbed Chu Qiao’s hand with all her strength, and suddenly, she lowered her hand, and bit into Chu Qiao’s hand. Blood instantly started to flow from Chu Qiao’s hands, as the onlooking subordinates cried in horror. Chu Qiao looked on, only to see an overwhelming sense of hatred in Huanhuan’s eyes.

“Why? Why?” Huanhuan desperately shouted at Chu Qiao, her mouth still full of blood and her eyes bloodshot. “Why must you kill us? Why must you kill us?”