ten.

The last week and a half went by as normal, I tried to stay out of Harry's way and Harry tried his best to hurt my feelings every single time we spoke. He was getting pretty good at that actually. And university was slowly but surely kicking my arse with the amount of work I had piling up.

Last year I was actually organised and had a timetable I kept myself to, starting an assignment the night it was due so they were staggered but were still completed with a few days to spare; but somehow this year that had gone out the window completely.

I frowned as I looked up to find Harry had walked us into the direction of the Costa coffee shop instead of towards his car and I looked around in confusion, he hadn't said anything had he?

I hovered alongside him in the line and looked around, the majority of customers being students considering the university was so close by, but there were a few actual adults as well and I wondered if they were lecturers.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I spoke up as my eyes landed on the sign pointing round the back corner of the shop. Harry simply grunted lowly and I took that as my permission although if he said no I would've just pissed on the floor.

Well, I wouldn't have. But I liked to imagine I had that kind of confidence.

I quickly replied to Ollie whilst I was having a wee and then washed my hands before rubbing them on my jeans to dry and headed back out into the café.

I flinched as Harry shoved a take away cup in my face and I frowned as I took hold of the cup, looking between it and him suspiciously.

"Soy Chai tea latté, yeh'?"

I nodded slowly as my cheeks heating involuntarily as I took a sip, relishing the hot liquid as it slid down my throat.

"Thank you." I said to Harry quietly making him shrug as I followed him back towards where he'd parked this morning.

I pressed my hands to my cheeks in an attempt to cool them down as we walked, hopefully Harry didn't notice or that I was bright red in the first place. It was just coffee I had to remind myself.

We were together almost twenty four hours a day, Harry was eventually going to pick up on my habits and vice versa like the fact I knew he ate one single slice of white toast for breakfast every morning with nothing but butter.

Or that he rubbed his eyes with his big hands fisted when he was tired.

Okay so maybe I notice more things about him than he did me but that didn't mean anything.

I dropped my empty cup straight into the dustbin as I passed it on my way up the driveway, close behind Harry who hadn't spoken a single word since the café and I wished I knew why.

There were days when he asked questions, like what I painted or like when he kissed me. But then there were days like today and in fact most days when he acted like I was nothing but dirt on the bottom of his boots.

It was like I constantly living the human embodiment of whiplash.

I yelped as I walked into Harry's back on the top doorstep, his grunt of annoyance clear as day as I backed up slightly and rubbed my nose. He was solid.

"Watch it." Harry muttered lowly and I attempted to peer round to him see why he was stopped with his arm outstretched, key in the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously as his non outstretched hand grabbed my arm closest to him and pulled me back behind him.

"Door's unlocked." Harry said quietly and I swallowed thickly.

Harry had locked it this morning, I had watched him do it. And then I had tried the door handle afterwards just in case.

Harry had locked it.

I squeaked again as Harry reached down the back of his jeans and pulled out a gun and I stared at him wide eyes as his eyes glanced at me over his shoulder, his brows furrowing above his eyes before he seemed to realise what I was scared about.

"Stay behind me and do as I say."

I nodded immediately as Harry pushed the door open with his foot and took a step in and I tentatively followed once he'd flicked his head for me and I practically took one giant step and huddled into Harry's back the best I could without actually touching him.

"Should I worry about your insubordination?"

I let out a sigh of relief as I recognised the voice immediately and I turned to face my Father as he stepped out of the office and Harry lowered his gun before tucking it away like he'd never even had it out.

So not only did Harry carry a fucking a knife and he also carried a gun!

It was like my Father was trying to put me in danger.

"Sir." Harry greeted formally, my Father nodding before he looked me up and down and I shuffled away from Harry stupidly, aware that I was practically attached to his back.

Father flicked his head to the two of us to follow him into his office and I complied, Harry waiting for me to walk in front of him and I swallowed thickly. This wasn't going to be good.

I gingerly took a seat in one of the arm chairs in front of my Father's desk whilst Harry came to a stop behind me and I shifted awkwardly, I could feel Harry's presence behind me and I did not like it.

"I assume you've got your dress dry cleaned for tomorrow night." My Father said and I frowned.

"Tomorrow night?" I asked, what was happening tomorrow night? And why did I need a dress?

I watched my Father's eyes narrow and I swallowed thickly.

"The dinner tomorrow night, are you deliberately being insolent right now Poppy or are you just fucking stupid?" My Father snapped and I sank further into my seat, my face flaming.

"The invites were sent out months ago, I'm being honoured and you're expected to be coming as well. For god's sake Poppy why can't you be a sensible adult for once in your sad little life."

I chewed my lip to stop myself from crying as my Father scolded me and I knew I should be used to it by now all things considering but I wasn't and I couldn't help but wish Mum was still here. Not that I didn't always wish that she was here but she was always on my side.

I didn't have anyone on my side anymore.

"Now Styles," My Father continued on as if he didn't rip his daughter to shreds in front of someone else, "You're not needed tomorrow evening as I'll be here to collect Poppy and one of my drivers will bring her back. You're free to do whatever it is you do."

Great, I wasn't even going to have Harry with me tomorrow night.

Not that he was a great joy, I just wanted someone there who would hate every part of it as much as I did.

I blinked rapidly as tears filled my eyes as my Father waved his hand to dismiss the two of us and I followed Harry out the office silently. I didn't feel like cooking tonight and I guess I had more important matters of finding something to wear.

I rubbed at my face stupidly as I climbed the stairs and headed towards my room and I cursed myself for being such a fucking cry baby as the water dribbled down my cheeks.

Guess I wasn't even on my side.