sixty three.

this is 7.6k words....sorry in advance
-------

h.

No older notifications.

I slid my phone back into my pocket, aware of Niall looking at me from across the small table and I raised an eyebrow at him in annoyance.

"Wot?"

"Didn't say a thing 'Arry boy." Niall held his hands up in submission and I narrowed my eyes at him before looking away.

I loved Niall, I did.

He'd been my best friend for however long we'd known each other and at this point that felt like my entire life.

And just like last year, he was the person I'd spent my birthday with, although I had told him it was just a normal Friday, he'd still been extra nice.

And it was the same this year, it was a normal Saturday, except for the fact he'd been glued to my side since eleven o'clock and now it was six fifteen and as much as I loved him, I had wanted to see somebody else.

But I couldn't blame Flower.

She didn't even know it was my birthday, she had tried to find out when it was, God knows she was persistent when she wanted to be, but I'd never told her and now she was at work and I hadn't seen her since yesterday morning.

And I missed her.

I watched silently as Niall pulled out his phone, typed something and then pocketed it again before he swallowed the last quarter of his pint.

"Drink up."

"Why?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Because I wanna play Fifa at your place." Niall rolled his eyes as I easily downed the rest of my drink.

"And because I need to take a shit and I'm not doing it in public."

"But you'll do it in my flat?"

I punched Niall's shoulder as we left the pub, his laugh filling the sky as I tucked my chin into my hoodie to brace myself against the harsh wind. That was the only downside to having a birthday at the beginning on the year.

Maybe I should move to Australia then it'd be hot. But their accents were so fucking annoying.

"'Ave you ever had a threesome?"

I glanced at Niall as he stopped at a red light and I rolled my eyes, it was barely even yellow when he pulled up to it.

"No, why?" I asked, fucking weird thing to ask.

"Just wondered. Would you?"

"Dunno." I shrugged, "A lot of variables."

"What about with Poppy?" Niall pushed and my eyes snapped to him.

"Are you telling me you want to fuck my girlfriend?" I snapped, glare fixed on his face firmly and I saw Niall flush.

"No." Niall scrunched his face in disgust."I meant like what if it was you and her and then some other guy?"

"Not a chance."

"Oh yeah," Niall laughed just as he turned into my street.

"Forgot you're cripplingly jealous."

"Shut up." I snapped at him as he parked and I pulled myself out the car, there were a lot of cars parked on the street today.

Weird.