sixty six.

"We'd like to talk to you about your Father, Jack Carmichael."

"Um..."

I glanced at Harry in an almost panic to find his face stoic as ever. An expression or rather lack of that I hadn't seen in a while.

"Is this not a good time? If not you can come to the station tonight after you finish work."

I licked my lips at the suggestion, I didn't think that would be happening. It wasn't illegal to blow off the police in favour of shagging your incredibly hot boyfriend was it?

"No, now is fine. I just need to tell my manager, have a seat." I told DCI Campbell, my voice steady despite the fact my heart was hammering in my chest and I was on the verge of throwing up.

I watched both police officers nod before heading towards the back of the cafe and I glanced at Harry, his eyes hard as they met mine but a nerve twitched in his jaw before a hand came up to rub his chin.

He was nervous too.

I swallowed as I realised that if Harry was nervous then I should be and that thought didn't comfort me as I headed into the office, calling Merediths name quietly.

"What's up hun?" Meredith asked as she jumped, a guilty smile on her face and I caught sight of FaceBook on the computer screen behind her.

"Um," I paused, swallowing, "The police are here. They want to talk to me and I said yes so I'm going to log out. Sorry to leave you short like this."

"The police?" Meredith asked, a frown forming on her face and I nodded, "Is everything okay? Are you alright?"

"I think so." I said stupidly, my answer not doing anything to ease the concerned look on her face, "They want to talk to me about my Father."

"Oh what a fun topic." Meredith drawled before she seemingly realised I was still here. "Don't be silly, don't clock out."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, it's ten past five anyway. Is Harry with you?" Meredith reassured me and I nodded. "Good. Call if you need me, I'll call your solicitor if you need him."

My eyes widened as my lip disappeared under my teeth again as I tugged on Harry's hand the minute I was back in the cafe, did I need my lawyer?

Oh god, I hadn't even thought about that.

"Ready?" Harry broke me out of my panicked thoughts and I looked at him curiously as he nodded his head and I let pull me towards the back of the café, the closer we got the more I wanted to ask him to run away with me.

I took a seat opposite DCI Campbell, my cheeks heating as Harry grabbed an empty chair from another table and dropped it loudly and took a seat, his eyes hard as he observed the scene.

"Miss Carmichael, Poppy. Is it alright if I call you Poppy?" DCI Campbell asked and it took all my might to stay blank faced.

"Miss Carmichael is fine."

"Oh. Right, Miss Carmichael, is your Father in the country?" DCI Campbell recovered quickly and I sucked my teeth.

"Yes." I stated, aware of Harry silently watching and listening to everything that was going on.

"Are you sure?"

I swallowed, my façade cracking, was I sure?

"I don't have any reason to doubt that he isn't." I said evenly. I didn't even know who this person I'd become was, perhaps this was the Poppy my Father always wanted me to be.