sixty nine.

Something was off.

I knew it before I even opened my eyes and now I'm laying here with my eyes open, alone in my bed.

I was not alone when I went to bed.

And I definitely was not alone at three am when Harry got up to pee then proceeded to get back into bed and wake me by pressing his mouth to any piece of bare skin he could find.

Forty five minutes later I finally was allowed to go back to sleep, but once again; I was not alone.

So where was my boyfriend?

I rolled to face Harry's side, my eyes scrunching as I yawned before I opened them to find a envelope and a gift bag with flowers sticking out the top on the pillow alongside me and I gasped.

And then promptly sneezed. I hated hay-fever.

Snatching the card up I ripped open the envelope, a smile breaking out on my face as my eyes flicked over the front of the card which was gold and simply said Happy Birthday old sport.

I bit my lip as I flipped it open, my cheeks already burning as I read Harry's scrawled writing on the inside.

Flower,

Hope you like this card Old Sport, even though that's an incredibly fucking weird thing to call your girlfriend. I also hope you have a wonderful birthday Flower because you deserve it and I'm very glad you're letting me spend the day with you.

I love you. Alot.

H. x

I smiled as I read the message several times over, it never ceasing to make me smile. Including his spelling mistake at the end.

And then it hit me.

It was my birthday.

I was twenty two today.

And I was going to France tomorrow.

I shook myself out of my head as I pushed myself up to lean against the wall as I grabbed the gift bag, my smile growing again as I pulled out a pretty bunch of bright flowers and I spotted several tulips and roses and there was also some baby's breath.

Harry really knew me, huh.

I rolled my eyes at myself before I started to cry and instead fished about in the bag considering it was considerably heavy and I glanced towards the door. Was I supposed to open it now? Where even was Harry?

Did he leave?

The thought had me shooting up and out of my bed, faster than I thought was possible and over to my window thankful it was July and that meant summer now and that meant I didn't close my curtains at night and now I didn't have to fight with them.

I let out a sight of relief as I saw Harry's car still in my driveway and despite my happiness I frowned.

He was still here, good, but where was he?

I tugged a hand through my hair as I looked back over my shoulder towards my bed, I wanted to go and find him but I also didn't want to open my presents in front of him because, well, I hated that with a passion.

I climbed back into bed savouring the last bits of warmth and pulled out the first gift, laughing as two blocks of white chocolate came into view and I shook my head.

He was probably going to tell me that it pained him to buy it.

The next thing I pulled out were a couple of small envelopes and I opened them curiously to find a couple of gift cards for Topshop and River Island and I bit my lip.