fourteen.

"So are you and Chloe like...a thing now?"

I bit the bullet and asked as we were sat idle at a red light, we'd managed to hit every red light on the way this morning, it was causing Harry a great deal of annoyance and I figured this was going to be the mood for today so I might as well just get it over with.

"No." Harry said simply and I nodded.

I decided not to push it any further mainly because if he said they were just going to be friends with benefits or whatever then my day would quite literally be ruined and also because as it stood, my stupid little crush was quite happy with his stoic response.

I wasn't stupid or anything, I knew that there was a bigger chance of me being struck by lightening than anything ever happening with Harry.

I clearly was not his type and I was pretty sure he could only stand me a tiny fraction more now than he did when we first met and we'd known each other over a month now. But let's not dwell on that, mainly because it upset me.

"I can get you another night off if you want, so you can uh, see, her again." I offered, why could I not keep my mouth shut?

Harry said nothing as he roughly pulled to a stop a couple of streets over and I smacked my head against the headrest as I bounced in the seat.

"Ow." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head as Harry turned in his seat to look at me through narrowed eyes and I swallowed.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I told you. I didn't do much just watched TV." Harry stated through gritted teeth and I swallowed.

Why was he lying?

"So why was she in my house?"

I didn't even know what I wanted to get out of this. I knew I was annoying him.

"Fine!" Harry snapped, his hand flying up before landing on the steering wheel making me jump and sending me back a few weeks when he'd told me to shut up.

"You really wanna know? Chloe came over so I could fuck her and she almost blew me but then she didn't and she left. Are you happy now?" Harry snapped pushing the door open and stepping out and I flinched as a loud car horn sounded.

"Ah fuck off you miserable prick!" Harry swore at the car's rear end as it passed him and I kept my head down as I started off towards the uni building.

I really should not have pushed him.

But why didn't they sleep together? Now I had even more questions then I started with and hurt feelings but really that was my own fault. In fact both things were my own fault.

"Sorry." I said quietly as we walked, my hands buried so deep inside my jacket pockets I was sure I was going to rip through them.

"S'fine." Harry muttered.

I swallowed thickly as we continued our walk in silence and despite his words I could feel the anger and annoyance radiating off him and I decided it was best if I just kept my mouth shut for the rest of the day.

+

If I'd been worried that it was going to be awkward with Harry and Chloe, which for the record I had been; then my fears were unfounded. Chloe wasn't even in class today.

It did make me a little bit nervous but I wasn't exactly sure why and I was also not exactly sure why she wasn't here. Tom seemed as confused as I was but our very short conversation at the beginning of the lesson was the only one.