twelve.

h.

"Poppy Madeleine!"

I rolled my eyes as Jack shouted for her, his voice reverberating throughout the house. The use of her middle name seemed unnecessary, he hadn't even called her once yet but suddenly Carmichael needed her middle name because he was annoyed.

"Styles." Jack snapped and I gritted my teeth before I turned, a passive look on my face.

"Yes." I stated, couldn't he just wait in the car or something?

"If she's ever difficult or being a complete pain the arse, like right now, feel free to use some force with her. She's used to it."

My gut twisted uncomfortably as the weight of Jack Carmichael's words settled on my skin but I did nothing except nod. Silence covered the kitchen as he regarded me with even eyes before I became aware fo the faint sound of clicking.

I let out a sigh of relief as Jack nodded and left the kitchen and I gave up my task of searching for food momentarily as I hovered in the doorway, catching a glimpse of Carmichael as she walked slowly down the stairs.

She was definitely trying not to trip.

The thought made me snort before I became aware of something stirring in my groin and I rolled my eyes as I went back to looking for something to eat.

"Finally." Jack snapped but I didn't hear Carmichael respond to him and I wasn't surprised.

The girl never spoke unless she was spoken to first and suddenly it made sense.

I heard the front door open and I walked quickly across the kitchen, catching another short glimpse of Carmichael and I swallowed before I grew some balls.

"Carmichael." I stated as I back tracked into the doorway. I watched as she froze and I saw her throat contract as she swallowed, something she did when she was nervous.

Something she did a lot.

I couldn't stop myself from looking her up and down and I felt the familiar stirring in my groin again and I forced myself not to roll my eyes, she looked...nice.

I opened my mouth to say so as she looked in the mirror only to snap it shut again as her eyes met mine once more and I coughed instead.

"Be careful." I stated stepping back into the kitchen and busied myself with looking in fridge, the echo of the front door told me I was alone.

The worst part about Carmichael not being here? I had to get my own dinner.

I wasn't much of a cooker in the first place and I didn't really know what I wanted to eat so I couldn't order a take away so I was stuck. I mean there was always cereal, which was arguably the best dinner but all Carmichael had was some weird special diet bran flakes.

Was she a forty year old woman? Probably.

I grabbed the box anyway, shoving my hand inside and then stuffing my mouth full of the weird brown flakes and chewed, it tasted like cardboard and was probably going to make me projectile shit everywhere later but it was food.

I wandered around the house aimlessly as I ate attempting to kill time until Carmichael got back I guess.

It was fucking weird that one twenty one year old girl lived alone in house this big. I mean who even fucking needed eight fucking bedrooms?

It was kinda even weirder than her Dad didn't live with her but then again I think both her and I were happy about that. What a fucking cunt he was, it made sense how annoying Carmichael was.