forty four.

I wrapped my arms around myself as I followed Brian out of the plane, the cold immediately snapping at my face and I slowed my walk so I could walk closer to Harry who, as usual, was radiating heat out of his coat.

I looked around we all stood around on the tarmac, several black cars waiting for us and Brian turned to look at Harry and I and nodded.

I followed Brian towards a car with Harry close behind me, sliding into the middle seat so I was sandwiched between him and Brian. I peered out the window the best I could over Harry, I only realised once we started moving that I didn't even know where we were staying.

The realisation making me aware that I literally just followed Harry wherever he said and I barely questioned it. As much as I liked Harry I felt like it was probably stupid of me to just blindly follow him.

I looked at Harry the words on the tip of my tongue only to find Harry already looking at me and I clicked my tongue automatically, he was in a brand new city and he wasn't even looking out the window!

"Do you know where we're um, staying?" I asked tentatively watching as Harry glanced over my head, and I assumed to Brian before nodding.

"Yeh' some place called The Surrey, the reservations under your name." Harry said before he finally looked out the window as I nodded.

"Everyones bar your Father is staying there." Brian spoke up and I glanced at him with him a raised eyebrow, "He's staying at his flat."

I nodded as I sucked my teeth, I knew he had a place here. We had stayed there when I first visited New York with Mum and Max, I didn't understand why I wasn't allowed to stay there this time.

Not that I would want to, but still an offer would have been nice.

The car started slowing down till eventually we were in a traffic queue and I could see a couple of the other cars in front of us and I assumed the car my Father was in was behind us considering I didn't see get into one.

"This puts London traffic to shame." Brian moaned and I laughed a little as Harry grunted.

I busied myself with googling the hotel we were supposedly staying at and I almost let out a low whistle at how fancy it looked and how much I assumed it cost per night. I also sent Ollie a link because I knew he'd want to know.

Even though he'd probably scream for at least ten minutes about how rich and fancy I supposedly was.

I also replied to Max's text which had simply asked for me to let him know when I landed and I did so, asking if he was free today.

I was really excited to see him.

Eventually the car slowed to a halt once we were in the city and I practically climbed over Harry to get out, the hotel building looming over us and I gasped, we were so close to Central Park! And the Met!

Two thing that were on my to do list whilst we were here.

"Jesus Poppy, slow down." Brian called as he and Harry slowly climbed out, the latter giving me a look I was all too familiar with and I flushed.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I'm just excited."

"Yeh' well m'fuckin' tired, so take it down a few notches." Harry muttered and I pressed my lips together as Harry hauled both his and my own suitcases out the car.

I trailed behind Harry into the foyer of the hotel, my eyes widening as I looked around. This was fancy.

"Reservation for Carmichael." Harry told the lady behind the desk and I blinked as how easily he just took my name, and took charge.