eleven.

"Poppy Madeleine!"

I cringed as my Father shouted for me and I ran a hand down my stomach and sighed, this was as good as it was gunna get I guess.

I gave myself once last look in the mirror and sucked my teeth as I grabbed my bag, I definitely did not deserve to be wearing a Stella McCartney dress but here I was.

My Father barely looked up from his phone as I slowly made my way down the stairs, I was trying very hard not to trip as I walked.

"Finally." My Father snapped and I swallowed thickly as I nodded as I fiddled with the sleeves of my dress.

I didn't say anything as my Father continued to tap on his phone before he finally pocketed it and looked me up and down before nodding curtly and making his way towards the front door.

Nervous was an understatement as I passed the mirror on the wall, I could only see my head and my shoulders but I looked okay I guess. Curling my hair and putting it up was a lot harder than I had expected.

I caught movement from the corner of my eye and glanced over my shoulder to catch Harry walking past the doorway before he stopped and walked backwards and I rolled my eyes, I wished I had the night off.

"Carmichael."

I froze at the door and looked over my shoulder as Harry hovered in the doorway and I swallowed thickly as his eyes flicked up and down me. My face heated involuntary and I stupidly hoped Harry thought I looked nice.

"Be careful." Harry said before he disappeared and I pulled the door shut behind me and made my way towards the black car my Father was waiting in.

"Thank you." I murmured to the man holding the door open and rearranged my dress as I pulled the seatbelt across myself.

The drive was silent, the phone was back in my Father's hand, his eyes glued to it and I pulled my own out, sending Ollie a message to let him know where I was going and how much I wanted saving.

"Don't embarrass me." Father hissed as he climbed out the car and I followed slowly, a tight lipped smile on my face as I nodded at his driver.

The dining room of the City of London Club looked like it did every other time I'd been here and I smiled politely as my Father introduced me and greased his way through meeting person after person and I looked around.

The usual gang of business men and politicians littered the room and I shifted on my feet as I smiled politely as someone bid me a good evening before I watched people start to take their seats and I assumed dinner was about to be served.

I took my seat gingerly alongside my Father, the other man alongside me barely spared me a glance and I was glad. I officially knew one person here and I was wearing a dress that was going to become unflattering very quickly once I ate.

Just brilliant.

"I like this sexy witch look you've got going on.."

I turned around slightly startled as someone spoke to me and I felt my eyes widen as they landed on Finn in front of me dressed in a suit and tie and I blinked rapidly.

"Finn? Hi." I smiled as he smiled back at me and I was both equally glad and surprised to see him here.

"I had no idea I was making fun of rich people with thee Poppy Carmichael." Finn hummed and I groaned before finishing my glass of wine.

"I had no idea that you'd turn up here." I admitted as I flicked my eyes around before looking back at Finn.

"I guess we're both surprised then." Finn smiled and I hummed in agreement. "Want another one?"