twenty seven.

Turns out I didn't even need sleep.

Well technically that wasn't true but I wasn't getting any sleep anyway so what was the point in trying?

I pushed myself up against the wall, the spare bedroom dark and I sighed. I'd only been here two days, and apart from Sunday night when I'd managed to cry myself to sleep only to wake up several hours later, I'd probably had in total, twelve hours of sleep.

I wasn't doing too well.

It was weird being here in Harry's flat too. Last night I'd laid awake for hours but I couldn't hear a thing, I supposed it was just like my own house. Deadly quiet. In the end I'd given up on sleep and just laid there until I heard Harry get up.

We hadn't really done anything yesterday, just had to go out to get some food because the only two things, a pint milk and a slab of pork, in Harry's fridge were mouldy.

Also two things I didn't even eat.

But apart from that we hadn't done anything, and today had been much of the same. We hadn't left the flat, Harry played video games for most of the day and I did some of my uni work that I'd grabbed in my rush.

I'd left my laptop at home though so I couldn't do the majority of it but somehow that wasn't exactly a problem I was too keen on solving.

I sighed and rubbed my face and pushed myself out of bed. Laying here awake wasn't any help so I supposed I could go and get a drink maybe that would make me sleepy.

I slowly made my way down the small hallway, the flat was completely dark even though Harry owned no curtains but as I looked out the front window I saw the sky was cloudy, no moon in sight.

I did my best not to fall over anything which wasn't too hard considering there wasn't that much furniture in here and I couldn't help but wonder how long Harry had lived here? Don't people just accumulate stuff?

I know I did.

I peered through the black as my eyes started to adjust to it and I flicked through some of the albums on Harry's bookcase, The Rolling Stones, Beatles, E.L.O, Kodaline, Fleetwood Mac, several Led Zeppelin albums including the one I bought him and I smiled, impressed.

Harry had really good taste.

I looked up just as the flat creaked and I stepped away from the albums, my eyes following along the wall of the room. There wasn't a single photo in here.

I knew I shouldn't be prying but I couldn't help it, my mind was running a mile a minute.

Did Harry not have family? Or was he just not a sentimental person?

I don't know why it shocked me, the entire time I'd known him he never showed a particular interest in anything like that. He only told me he had a sister because I pressed him to.

I wondered what Gemma was like, she was a female version of Harry? Or was she the complete opposite? Full of smiles and laughter and bright colours. Not that Harry didn't laugh or smile, he just didn't do it a lot.

I knew I'd probably never find out so I pushed the thought out of my brain and instead headed into the kitchen, my eyes finding the sink full of dirty crockery and I clicked my tongue.

Harry didn't have a dishwasher so everything had to be hand washed which wasn't a problem, but we'd ordered Chinese for dinner which meant, apart from Harry's fork, I used the chopsticks, we didn't use any dishes.

And I had just assumed that he'd been washing everything else up as he used it but I was wrong. I frowned as I pulled the majority out so I could fill the sink up with hot water. My hand splashing through it as I checked the temperature.