forty three.

"Why the fuck does it have to be so fucking early?"

I snorted a laugh at Harry's annoyance as we sat slumped in the back of one of my Father's cars manoeuvring our way through a very dark and quite quiet London.

"New Yorks five hours ahead of us." I mumbled, rubbing my face as my head dropped to Harry's shoulder and I felt him stiffen and I swallowed, almost picking my head up again until I felt him relax again.

"The fuck does that have to do with us going to the airport at four in the fucken morning Flower?"

I laughed again and shrugged, I mean I did know but I didn't really feel like explaining it to him purely because I knew he didn't really care.

"I thought you were a morning person." I teased as I checked my phone, 4:08am, hopefully my Father wouldn't notice that we were a little bit late. Although it hadn't been my fault.

"Yeh' fucken normal morning hours like six." Harry huffed.

"Miss Carmichael, we're here." The unnamed driver cut off any chance I had to reply to Harry and I hauled myself up, the bitter cold air snapping at my face as I waited for him and Harry to pull our suitcases out of the boot.

"Thank you." I smiled politely at the driver before Harry and I headed across the tarmac and towards my Father's waiting plane.

I really hoped we weren't the last two to arrive.

I handed off my suitcase to the ground crew and hiked my duffle bag further up my shoulder as I waited for Harry to do the same before we started to climb the metal steps up into the plane. Relief flooded my body as I saw that we weren't the last people here.

The tiredness that had consumed my body practically evaporated as I spotted a very familiar man coming out from the back of the plane, and although he looked as tired as Harry and I, his face lit up in a smile too.

"Hi!' I practically screeched as I flew down the small aisle towards Brian, my bag falling to the floor and I threw my arms around him. Laughter bubbled from his chest as he held me up as I clung to him like a sloth.

"Good Morning Poppy." Brian laughed as he rubbed my back before I let my feet hit the ground and I took a step back. "Good to see you kid, Styles."

I flushed as I remembered Harry was here and there were other people on the plane as I took a step back and Brian gestured at Harry to take a seat at one of the tables, and I grabbed my bag and headed back towards Harry.

I pouted as Harry threw himself into the window seat and I tried to get over my childish disappointment as he looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Wot?"

"Poppy likes the window seat." Brian said as he slid into the aisle seat on the opposite side and I gave Harry a tentative smile.

"It's fine." I said, shaking my head. "I was being stupid."

Harry rolled his eyes and stood, only just missing hitting his head on the ceiling as he pushed me out of the way and stood in the aisle, looking at me pointedly. I flushed as I slid in, my duffle bag dropped at my feet and Harry fell into the seat next to me.

"Thank you." I said quietly as I lent into his shoulder.

"Shut up." Harry mumbled but his lips twitched as he looked at me and even though I knew I now had an eight hour flight without him calling me Flower, I was still happy to have him here.

"So how've you been?" I turned my attention to Brian who was looking through some paperwork and I glanced around the plane whilst I waited for his answer.