forty.

I had never been so thirsty in my entire life.

My entire body felt like it weighed a million pounds and my head was throbbing something chronic and I was pretty sure I couldn't even open my eyes.

I groaned as I attempted to roll over, my body aching as I did so and I rubbed at my eyes. They were sore and sticky and even just opening them felt like a lot of work but I eventually managed it, blinking rapidly as I tried to work out if I was actually awake now.

I rolled again, whatever I was laying on was soft and warm and dipped with my body weight and I relished in the feeling of sinking down into it.

This was a different bed.

I rubbed my eye before I looked down at myself, this...this was my bed.

I let out a small sigh of relief as things slowly started coming back to me and I pulled my quilt up to my chin, the familiar smell comforting.

I was home.

I cringed as pain shot through my body as I attempted to move again and I quickly stopped, the aching between my legs intensifying and I weakly pressed a hand to my inner thigh and hissed at the pain as the memory came back to me.

Oh yeah, that happened at the hospital last night.

I tried my best to ignore the pain and looked to my right, my heart practically jumping out of my chest as my body flinched at the sight.

"H-Harry?"

I frowned at my croaky voice and licked my lips, I really needed a drink. I closed my eyes briefly, contemplating if I could make it to the bathroom to drink from the tap or not.

Out the corner of my eye I caught something on my bedside table and I almost laughed, there was at least five bottles of water. I stretched across my bed to grab one, my teeth sinking into my lip to stop the groan of pain, why was I so sore and achy?

I finished the bottle in record time and began to think more clearly as I reached for a second one, I love water. My eyes found Harry's crunched up body once more and I stared at him as if I was seeing the sun for the very first time.

Harry was really sitting across from me, asleep in a pair of grey trackies and a black Calvin Klein jumper.

Harry wasn't dead.

I felt the relief hit me all at once and water started leaking from my eyes and all the pain and worry didn't mean a thing as I sat there staring at him, crying.

"H-Harry."

I couldn't control my body as I sobbed, Harry's name leaving my lips in a hiccup and I watched through the blurry eyes as Harry startled.

"Poppy?" Harry groaned and I let out a weird mixture of a laugh and a sob which I'm sure made me sound like a dying seal.

"Harry." I repeated, clearer now even though I could barely see anything except for him rubbing his face before his eyes locked onto me and Harry pushed himself up immediately.

"Flower." Harry breathed and I tried to smile to myself, he really was here.

"Oh god why are you crying?" Harry practically recoiled as he spoke and I shook my head, tears flying.

"I t-thought-" Hiccup, "You w-w-were dd-" hiccup," Dead. I thought you were dead."

"The fuck you think that for?" Harry snorted and I started to cry even harder, my breathing coming out in ragged pants as I tried not to laugh at his response, typical Harry.