twenty nine.

this is 4.5k words sorryyyy

+

I looked up from my laptop as I heard the doorbell ring, the door opening and then closing again and I frowned at nothing in particular. That had been the third time within a maybe thirty minute period it had happened.

I didn't know what the hell Harry was doing down there and to be honest I didn't really want to know.

He'd been true to his word since we got home yesterday afternoon and hadn't left my side which was funny considering neither Oliver or my Father were even here when we got home. So much for my Father's weird macho shit show of "making" us come back.

How'd he even know we were here if he wasn't? Stupid.

I glanced over my shoulder absentmindedly my eyes finding the window seat complete with blanket still messily thrown over it and I smiled as I remembered Harry settling into sleep on it.

When he said he'd make sure Oliver didn't come near me, I thought he meant like during the day, we'd eat together, watch TV etc, the usual things we already kinda did but then when I told him, and him alone, Oliver was barely seen yesterday, that I was going to bed he came with me.

I started at him as if he had three heads as he appeared in the doorway to my room as I was brushing my teeth. Wearing a pair of grey trackies and a very warm looking blue and white striped jumper complete with a pillow, his phone and his charger.

I tried to get him to sleep in his own room, didn't work, I tried to get him to sleep on the bed, didn't work. I even offered him the whole bed and that definitely didn't work considering he glared at me until I went back to brushing my teeth.

I rolled my eyes as I turned back to my laptop screen, my university work slowly but surely coming together for this term and I was glad. I knew I was going to get swamped before Christmas and I really wanted to make sure I didn't have to suffer through Christmas with it.

Although I had to admit my attention and dedication to my work was waning and it had been since earlier this afternoon when Ollie had appeared complete with an American football helmet which he demanded I paint.

I didn't even know what I was painting except he brought the paint and the brush even though I had plenty and showed me a picture of a white and green G and said I had to paint it on both sides.

It was apparently part of Logan's halloween costume, I assumed it was a "football" player but Ollie didn't really give me much insight and I gave up trying to get any answers and just did as I was told.

I still didn't know what I was going as, he wouldn't tell me that either. I was almost getting worried that he didn't actually have an idea for me and we were going to leave it too late and I wouldn't be able to get my angel costume, or any costume.

I shook my head as I refocused on my screen, scribbling out some notes in the notebook I had alongside me and almost subconsciously my eyes drifted to the photo of Harry and I.

I'd completely forgotten it was in here, I had no idea if Harry had seen it. If he had he hadn't said anything and I suspected he hadn't. Something told me, he definitely would have made fun of me.

"Poppy!"

Think of the devil and the devil shall appear.

I pressed the save button on my document just as Harry hollered my name again and I rolled my eyes at how impatient he could be sometimes. But that was the other thing, I was barely Flower again.

Two days in a row now.

I still liked how my actual named sounded in his accent, but I just thought that Flower was like, our, thing.