thirty one.

"We should say hi."

I rolled my eyes subtly as Tom spoke, both him and Chloe had been whispering to each other the moment they stepped foot in the lecture hall. Their eyes landing on me and then sliding to the empty seats alongside me.

"Why?" Chloe hissed, "She's the reason Harry wouldn't kiss me."

My eyes rolled up to the ceiling and I sighed, of all days Colin picked to be running late, it had to be today.

Chloe really must be thick considering I clearly meant nothing to Harry, especially not enough to stop him from hooking up with her.

"She's our friend." Tom pushed and I pulled my phone out to double check the time, 2:28pm, maybe I could slip out before Colin even got here.

"She's your friend." Chloe snapped and I heard a sigh before I caught movement out the corner of my eye and I attempted to act like I wasn't listening.

"Hi Poppy."

I looked up to find Tom holding his book to his chest and bag slung haphazardly over his shoulder, I wasn't particularly in the mood for company but considering he'd just argued with Chloe about me I felt bad.

"Hey." I pressed my lips together as he hovered.

"Can I?" Tom asked gesturing at the seat next to me and I nodded. "Your boyfriend not coming today?"

"Not my boyfriend." I shook my head gently just as Colin appeared and I uncapped my pen and scribbled the date at the top of my page.

"Any more or..." Tom pressed and I sucked my teeth.

"Never was."

It had been four days but the short sentence Harry had said in response to me confessing my feelings still had me reeling.

You're smarter than that.

What did that even mean?! I was fucked if I knew.

I shook my head as Colin started the lecture and I gave Tom a small smile before the two of us started taking notes.

+

"And then Finn jumped off the roof and landed literally on his arse it was amazing Poppy! I wish you could have been there, I know we left it kinda awkward with Finn because of Harry but I'm sure he'd be fine with seeing you again. He liked you."

I hummed in response to Tom's rambling, I wasn't entirely sure what he was going on about considering I was preoccupied with the fact all the hair on the back of my neck had stood up.

It was the same feeling I had when I was walking from the tube station this morning and I looked over my shoulder. My eyes darting about but I couldn't see anything unusual or out of the ordinary, it just felt like someone was watching me.

"Yeah maybe." I said when Tom nudged me, glancing at him and smiling.

Tom smiled back at me and I realised I'd got away with it.

"What are you doing for Halloween?" Tom asked and I sucked my teeth as I felt my chest deflate.

I hadn't heard from Harry since he left on Friday and I was seriously starting to wonder if I was going to see him on Thursday, I doubted it. He would have only gone to the stupid party because of me and now he didn't have to.

Was I ever going to see Harry again, for that matter.

"Going to some party with Ollie." I waved my hand as I caught a Range Rover out the corner of my eye and I turned to stare, watching it drive past and my heart ached.

Maybe it was stupid but since Harry left I suddenly noticed every single Range Rover in what felt like London.

It was fucking stupid considering where I lived and the amount of money in the area meant a lot of Range Rovers.

And as if that wasn't the worst thing, the neighbours across the road, whose names I couldn't even remember, had decided to get one.

It had turned up on Sunday, it might have been before that but I'd stayed at Ollie's on Saturday night. But it was there when I got home on Sunday afternoon after spending the day with him at work.

Just sitting outside on the curb, it was there yesterday morning as well, and then last night.

I hadn't seen any of them drive it and I wondered what the point of buying a ridiculously expensive car was if they weren't going to drive it.

But then again, I couldn't even drive.

And I was also preoccupied with the fact Tom hadn't even mentioned my lip and although I hoped I'd done a good enough job covering the scab up with my foundation, but part of me was paranoid he'd jump to the conclusion Harry had done it.

"Poppy?"

I jumped as Tom nudged my shoulder and I blinked at him, flushing as he stared at me.

"Sorry?" I smiled sheepishly making Tom laugh but shook his head.

"I asked if it was the one at the Commons?" Tom repeated himself but before I could reply he opened mouth again, "Oh shit that's my train. I'll see you tomorrow Poppy."

"...Bye." I waved half heartedly and stupidly as I watched Tom take the steps two at a time to the underground and I stood there for a moment before descending.

Getting a hair cut tomorrow, do you wanna come? x

I chewed my lip as I pressed send on the message to Ollie as I walked. I suppose one of the good parts of Harry being gone was that I could do the things I know he'd complain about. Like yesterday, I saw my waxer and went food shopping.

I jumped as my phone buzzed and I looked down just as I turned into my street.

Ollie 5:38pm: Fuck yes, when!! What are you changing!!

I smiled at Ollie's use of exclamation marks instead of questions marks but quickly tapped out a response.

Ten thirty, and its all going.

The hair suddenly prickled on my arms and I glanced over my shoulder just as I buzzed myself in the driveway gate. A silver car sped past but there was nothing else and I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity.

My eyes drifted across the road, the new Range Rover sat across the street and I rolled my eyes again.

I needed to get over it. And Harry.

I continued up the driveway and the steps to the front door, unlocking it with ease as my phone buzzed and my eyes found the message easily.

Ollie 5:44pm: Fuck YES

+

sorry this is kinda boring x