thirty nine.

"It really is unbelievable that the two of you are so stupid."

Sound reached my ears and I blinked slowly, sitting up on the bed. This was the first thing I'd heard in, well, however long I'd been in the room.

"What part of don't fucking hurt her didn't you get?" The voice hissed again and I stood up, my legs shaking as I lent against the door.

That voice was familiar.

I waited for someone else, hopefully the same person, to speak again because I knew that voice. I was sure I knew who was speaking but I just couldn't think of it.

I waited with bated breath as nobody spoke again and I began to wonder if I had imagined it. I wasn't sure what day it was, all I knew was that the light above me had turned off three times before it came back on.

Every time it was off, it was for over an hour, I think. I wasn't entirely sure because I had no way of telling the time. Did that mean I had been in here for three nights? Did the light turn off at night time?

If so did that mean today was Saturday?

Oh god if it was I missed all my other classes this week. And what's going to happen if I'm stuck in here forever? I'm going to miss all my classes and I'll never see Ollie again.

Or Harry.

I felt my breathing pick up as I licked my lips and started to panic, I needed a drink.

"Hey!" I shouted without thinking, my fist banging on the door. "I want some water!"

Everything was silent and all I could hear was my breathing as I took a step back from the door once I heard some shuffling about on the other side.

"Look behind you."

I jumped as someone spoke and I did as I was told, my eyes landing on a bottle of water next to the bed and I lunged for it immediately.

That wasn't the same voice that had been speaking earlier but right now I didn't care, I was too busy squeezing the entirety of the bottle into my mouth, my body gasping for it and I wiped my mouth once I was done.

I didn't know what to do now, not that I'd been doing anything at any other time but my only need was fulfilled and I just sat back down on the bed.

I pulled my socks up in an attempt to conserve some warmth considering my coat had been missing since I'd woken up however long ago but it was barely any use considering they were thigh highs and my dress didn't meet them.

I shouldn't have worn a fucking dress.

Harry was right to make fun of me.

"Her phone is still on right?"

I shot up at the sound of the voice I recognised and I strained to hear what was being said once more.

"Yeah."

"You're ready to do the ransom call?"

Who was it speaking?

I didn't know the other voice so it had to be either of the men who I'd seen on the tube and/or grabbed me from uni.

"How much should we ask for?" The unknown voice spoke again and I frowned before my head started to throb.

Ransom?

"However much you want for the two of you going to prison. I can't believe I have to fucking do everything. If you'd stuck to the plan then you wouldn't have had to dispose of Styles."