forty one.

"Why's everyone looking at me?"

I tugged at my jacket, or rather Harry's jacket as I walked, if I'd known it was going to be like this I wouldn't have come today.

"Because you were on the news for like two days in a row." Harry muttered and I flushed.

All the looks and the pitiful smiles were only adding to my already bad day. As if it wasn't bad enough when I realised I'd missed four days worth of my birth control this morning.

Now I had to wait two weeks until I was safe again, not that I was planning on having sex with anyone.

But I mean, I swallowed as I glanced at Harry, I wouldn't say no if he asked.

That was followed by me realising I'd left my coat at home half way to the University, Harry grumbling about 'not turning round now' and me worrying I was about to die of hypothermia.

But again, I wasn't going to say no when Harry thrust his jacket at me and glared until I put it on.

"Well everyone's already staring so, might as well."

I glanced up at Harry in confusion just as his arm landed on my shoulder and I stumbled a little bit as I was pulled closer into his side.

My face heated until it rivalled the sun and I was sure I looked like a tomato too, my lip being sucked under my teeth as we headed into the building.

I didn't know what possessed Harry to do that but I wasn't going to complain. Just like last night when Ollie stayed the majority of the afternoon and evening.

Harry wouldn't let me sit anywhere that wasn't the sofa he was on. Much to Ollie's displeasure.

But once again I couldn't complain or be annoyed with my best friend, he just rambled on about work, letting me know there were some new paints he thought I'd like, how much uni work he had and how excited he was for Christmas.

Ollie was a treasure.

"Why are you limping?"

Harry suddenly rounded on me making me stumble, his arm falling from my shoulder as he tried to make sure I didn't smack into his chest.

"I-uh-what?"

I watched as Harry's eyes rolled upwards but didn't go the whole way as he pinched the bridge of his nose before dropping into the seat Tom had occupied only a week before.

"You're limping." Harry stated as if I was stupid and I suppose I was, "I want to know why."

"I'm just sore, I gu--"

"Why?"

"I don't know." I mumbled, my eyes staying pointed away from Harry's face considering it was like thunder right now. "I just woke up like it yesterday. And I mean one of the tests I had done at the hospital wasn't exactly easy."

"What test?" Harry narrowed his eyes at me and I swallowed.

Why was he so suddenly so interested? And angry?

"A rape kit."

Harry didn't say anything once I'd answered and I was glad for it. I was also glad when people started filing into the classroom, although I hate the way the majority looked at me. I didn't even really want to be here.

I wanted to be at home, in bed, still sleeping and preferably with Harry by my side but I had to settle with him being across the hall. Hence me not sleeping at all well.

I just felt better when he was near me and I slept better too, sue me.

"Were you?"

I blinked as I briefly thought I had imagined Harry speaking once the lecture had started, and although Colin had done a double-take on me, he simply smiled and carried on like nothing had changed and I was grateful.